Lunch At A Highschool

"Ugh Lia shut up." Ariana groaned at her friend, putting her head down. "I just want the frikin day to end."

Her friend Lia saw me standing behind Ari and smiled.

"Awww why are you so grumpy? You miss your boyfriend?" She asked in a mocking tone.

Ari slowly picked her head back up and I laughed when she stuck up her middle finger at the girl. Ari turned around and screamed when she saw me.

"Jake!" She yelled, jumping up to hug me.

"Hi Princess." I laughed, squeezing her tight.

"Miss me?"

"Yes! So much! And I don't feel good."

"Well maybe I can cheer you up." I pulled a tri folded paper from my back pocket and gave it to her. "Here ya go."

"What is it?" She asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

She unfolded the packet of papers to see the school consent form with my mom's signature and mine.

"Jake!" Her eyes widened and she smiled bigger than I'd ever seen! "Jake are you..."

"I'm taking you to Prom!" I cheered!

"Ahh Yay!" She put her arms around my waist and I did the same to her.

"I'm happy now." She stated.

"Then so am I." I grinned.

"Oh and Jake..." She began to whisper. "I don't care about that girl ok? I was just...jealous."

That's not what I was told.

"You shouldn't be. You shouldn't be jealous of any girls I know, they should be jealous of you."

She blushed. "Ok."

"Sooo." I sighed out.

She brought her arms around my neck and kissed me softly while Lia whistled.

"Shut up!" Ari yelled at her and Lia and I both started laughing.

"So it's lunch time. Where's the food at!?" I asked Ari.

"I'm not eating, but the lines are in the cafeteria. You hungry?"

"Yessss." I exaggerated my S.

"Ok, then lets get you fed. Lia you coming in line with us?"

Lia shook her head and took a small bite of her cheesburger. "Nah."

Ariana looked at a boy from another table begginning to approach our table and pulled me away.

"What was that about?" I asked once we were in the lunch line.

"That was Chris, he plays for our football team. I love him he's like a brother but he can be annoying at times and I just don't wanna hear his mouth about you."

"Oh." Was all I said.

As I looked around at the cafeteria tables I could see invisible borders that only certain people could cross, every two or three tables were made up of a "clique" jocks here, Cheerleaders there, Art kids in the center (all sketching on large pads of paper), then I looked through the glass windows to see the outside tables which looked much more diverse.

"What do you want Jake?" Ari asked, snapping me out of observation mode. We were getting closer to the front of the line

"Um...I don't know."

"Well look." She pointed to a menu I didn't realize was taped to the wall.

"I'll have fries and a Gatorade."