One, Eight

"Happy birthday bro!" Justice yelled over the loud music.

"Thank You!" I told her, taking the blue gift bag from her.

She walked away to say hi to Ray and I stood on my tippy toes in attempt to see over all the heads and spot Ariana. When I gave up I sighed and fell back on my heels.

"Looking for anyone particular?!" She shouted close to me. I junped and turned around!

"A-A-Ari." I stuttered. "You look a-a..."

"Awful!? Damn. I knew it was too much! Is it the eyeline? Or is my skirt to bright?"

My mouth fell open the second my eyes looked over her. Her hair had streaks of light brown in it, her black shirt was short sleeved and form fitting her bright white skirt overlapped her shirt and fell down to her ankles, I could tell there was a slit in the side even though she stood with her legs close together. The red heels she had on made her taller than me, normall that would have made me mad, but she just looked so incredible...

"You are absolutely stunning." I stepped towards her and grabbed her waist, her bold red lipstick didn't make me not want to kiss her. Before I got the chance to we were interrupted.

"Ariana! Woah!" Roc gasped. "Lookin good girl! Prince you better hold on tight bruh!"

"Shut up!" I laughed, attempting to hit him, but missed.

"Did you dye your hair?" Roc asked her.

He was practically drooling and I kept my grip tight around her back.

"Mhhm. Just some highlights. Too much?"

"Nah. Hang on, imma get Prod, he was looking for you."

"Ok!" She smiled. She looked at me and frowned. "I've missed him "

"He's missed you too." I assured her. I placed my hand under her chin and moved close. "But no one's missed you more than me." Her lips were soft and the lipstick had no flavor so I didn't mind it. We pulled apart and rested our foreheads against eachother's.

"Oh. I forgot to say it. Happy birthday baby." She told me.

"Thanks."

"Behlen has my gift for you, I didn't want you to open it with all the others. I really hope you like it though...because it wasn't easy to get."

"I'm sure I will love it."

"Hey! Ariana! Lookin...tall." Prodigy's voice got quieter as the sentence progressed. Ha! He looked so teeny tiny next to her! "Man just forget it! I want some mac and cheese!" Prod groaned and walked away, Roc following him.

Ari looked out towards the pool area where Kenneth was grilling burgers and people stood around talking.

"Prince I can't dance in these shoes. Strictly just for show."

I chuckled. "Ok, wanna go stand outside?"

"Mhm." She nodded.

We went out by the pool and were instantly spotted by Diggy.

"Aye! Birthday boy!" He yelled. I smiled and took Ari's hand, pulling her along with me.

"Hey man." I released Ari's hand and gave Diggy dap. "The big one eight man! Finally."

"Yessss I cheered. I get my bank account!"

"Nice, nice." His eyed shifted slightly to the left. "I'm sorry do I know you?" He asked Ariana.

"Nope, never met before."

"Oh. Well hi."

"Hey."

"I'm Diggy."

"I'm Ariana, his best friend."

I frowned and just nodded at Diggy.

"Prince! Time for cake!" My mom called from inside the conjunction house, everyone sang happy birthday completely off pitch and we ate my camera shaped birthday cake."