Honesty

I smiled as I packed my suitcase and thought about nothing other than getting to see my family and my girlfriend again. Each night when I danced around a chair to Missing You with a fan I'd pictured Ariana, as I last saw her. Long flowy black hair with her perfect spanish complection and light green eyes with her curvy body.

I had no idea what I was ganna see once I was home again, she refused to send me any new pictures despite that I sent her new ones whenever she wanted. I'd mostly take them in the gym mirror of whatever hotel we were at when I had my hair tied up and shirt off, yeah she was already MINE, but I still always wanted to impress her.

I could feel everyone's excitement as the car got closer and closer to the NY airport! We all missed sleeping in our own beds and waking up to our families. Tour life was great and exciting, but there's no place in the world that compares to "home sweet home", and we all knew that. During the flight I kept forcing myself to sleep so that time could pass faster and it was difficult since I wasn't even tired.

"Jake!" My mom exclaimed.

I embraced her in a long and tight hug and the smile she wore didn't leave her face until we were on the road and she was dealing with road rage.

"This damn LA traffic! Oh my goodness!" She hollered.

I laughed at her while she got more and more frustrated and annoyed,cursing in spanish.

"Ma can you drop me off at Ariana's?" I asked.

She smiled. "Ooh can I meet her!?"

I frowned and shook my head. "She doesn't wanna meet you or Behlen or anybody...I mean she WANTS to but...when she gets better."

"Well what if she doesn't ever get better?"

I shrugged and leaned my head against the window. I was afraid she'd ask that.

"Ok...I'll drop you off and pick you up on my way to get Behlen from Mariah's....so about...2 or 3 hours."

"Thanks." I said quietly with my head still resting on the window. I looked at everything as we drove by it, stray cats, houses, stores, and other cars, I was worried about Ari, I wondered how she was feeling.

"Have fun!" My mom told me, pulling up to Ari's house.

"I will mom, bye."

I smiled at the sight of the familiar house and walked happily towards it's big white door with it's skinny window along the center. I could see a fuzzy shape approaching after I knocked and knew that it was a person. Ariana's dad opened the door and smiled at me.

"What a nice surprise. Ari is upstairs with her mom, just knock before you go in."

"Yes sir." I smiled and nodded. I hoped Ari would be as happy to see me as her dad was.

I climbed the steps slowly and could hear her mom's laughter as I got closer to Ariana's light purple door. I knocked to the same beat I always used when knocking on her door, a secret way of letting her know who it was before even opening.

"Who is it!?" Her mom called.

I smiled. Ari knew who. "Jacob!" I said.

"Just a minute!" Her mom replied.

I stood outside the door, in the dark hall for quite a while. The only light came from beneath Ariana's door. I could hear a lot of movement from in the room and suddenly the door flew open.

"Jacob! Lovely to see you!" Her mom said with a big smile on her face and pulled me in for a hug. "You two have fun, I'm ganna go start dinner."

Her mom turned away from me and made some kind of facial expression at Ari that made her blush.