Because When You Love Someone

LA turned up for us! Everybody did the dances and sang along to every song we performed, couldn't have asked for a better crowd! I was excited to hear the comments made in regards to our performance during the meet and greets.

"Amazing job!"

"Incredible!"

"Awesome!"

Were some of the things our fans told us, then a whole new comment was made.

"THE BEST concert I have ever been to in my life!"

I looked up from my shoe that I had just tied and my jaw dropped as I stood.

"Aye!" Roc shouted. "I remember you, you were in like the third row right?"

"Second." She responded, making no eye contact with me.

"Right! Yeah girl you was turnt up!"

She chuckled and made a confused face. "Turnt?"

"It means you went in! You were really excited." Prodigy explained.

"Oh." She laughed.

Roc hugged her, then Ray did and Prodigy was smiling from ear to ear before he hugged her.

"Hi Ariana." He said.

"Hey Prod." She said back.

They hugged tight and Roc and Ray looked shocked that they knew eachother. When Ariana approached me her smile faded and her green eyes were sparkling behind the layer of tears in them.

"Jake." She said.

Ray gasped and Prodigy was just smiling really hard, I wondered if he knew about this.

"Ariana."

I felt like I could see her heart break through her chest because I didn't call her "Ari."

She looked towards Roc and Ray. "So we take a picture now right?" With each word she fought back her tears

"Yup." Ray clarified.

"Well! Then lets do that!" She said in a happy voice, wiping her tears away.

Her body was back to looking healthy as ever and her hair was past her ears. I remembered how quickly her hair had always grown, she had hair cuts regularly and I assumed that over almost 6 months that was the length she'd reached.

"I'll stand by you." Prodigy told her.

I watched everyone walk in front of our background, the cover of our AATW album and Roc handed, Tom, our photographer, Ari's phone.

At first Prod was on her left, Ray to the left of him and Roc on the right of her. When I reached them I politely asked Roc to move over, and since he knew I knew her he moved. Prodigy had his arm around her waist already so I needed something else to do. I quickly tied up my afro and layed my head on her shoulder.

"3...2...1." Tom said. We listened for the clicking noise and then broke position.

"Ok. Well nice meeting you all! Bye!" She tried to walk towards the exit after Tom handed her back her pink iphone, but I grabbed her wrist full of colorful bracelets and she stopped trying to leave.

"Ari." I called.

She looked up at me with her eyes watering. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."

"Then why did you make me leave?"

Instead of replying she hugged me tightly with the guys staring at us. When she pulled away she smiled.

"My Cancer is gone." She whispered.

All of a sudden I was overehelmed with happiness! It felt like my brain shut down and my body did whatever the heck it wanted. I pulled Ariana back into a hug and my eyes started to blur my vision with their tears.

"Are you happy?" She laughed.

I held her waist and when our eyes met she wiped away my tears with her thumb.

"Awww baby don't cry." She told me.

"How could I not!?" I looked at her like she was crazy. "I get to keep my baby!" I cheered.

"Your...baby?" Her voice was quiet.

"Of course...did you really think I could replace you?"

She blushed and I held her chin in the palm of my hand pecking her lips.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready." She nodded.

I held her hand and turned to face the guys. "Well. Roc, Ray...Prod. This is Ariana and she is my girlfriend."

Ari squeezed my hand and I gave her an assuring nod.

"You are?" Ray asked her.

"Dang! I knew you weren't single!" Roc cheered. "I knew all along!"

Ariana laughed beside me, slightly moving while she did.

"Sure you did Roc." She joked.

"Aye!" Roc threw his hands in the air. "And she knows my name bruh! Im finna turn up!" We all laughed and the guys talked to Ari for a short time, we had more meet and greets to do.

"Bye." She told me in the hallway.

I pouted. "Wah. Bye."

She smiled. "Awww. You sad you can't see me for another three weeks?"

"Duh." I rolled my eyes. "You ARE coming to the NY show! You'll be on Winter break right?" I asked.

She shrugged and pulled at her pink sleeve. "I'll find out ok?"

"K."

She hugged me tightly. "Ah I'm ganna miss you!" She squealed into my chest.

"I'm ganna miss you soooo much more!" I confessed.

"Prince!" Ray called from in the room.

"Tell your parents I said hi!" My voice was rushed and I walked back towards the room.

"Prince!" Ari yelled.

I turned around to see her running at me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I forgot to say I love you!" Her voice was high pitched, she made it sound like she did such and awful thing.

"Princeton!" Roc called.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. "Baby I'm sorry I REALLY have to go!"

She frowned, her arms still around my neck. She put her lips on mine and it was a reflex to kiss her gently, but I forgot she was healthy now. She kissed me with much more force and softly bit my bottom lip. We both pulled away smiling.

"Ok. NOW I'll go." She smiled.

"You're parents here?"

She laughed and put her hand on her hip. "I drive myself."

"Ugh, you suck."

She stuck out her tongue and pecked my lips once more before dissapearing down the hall.