Surprise

After two weeks of MB buisness I got to be back in LA for Ariana's 18th birthday and she was ganna meet my mom and Behlen later on at her birthday dinner.

"Jake!" She cheered when I entered her room.

"Hi beautiful." I smiled.

She ran into my arms and I spun her around. When she put her face near mine I couldn't kiss her. It felt like if I kissed her it would be my last time doing so, and the feeling scared me.

"So you excited!? Your ganna meet my mom and Bella!"

She smiled from ear to ear. "Of course! I really wanted to meet them before I died."

My happy mood was ruined and I frowned. "Really Ari? Why would you say that?"

"Well 3 months isn't long."

My heart started to beat really fast. "3 months? What about 3 months?"

"That's how long the doctors predict I have left. Didn't I tell you?"

"Does it look like you told me?"

"Sorry...well it would be longer if I was still doing Chemo...but yeah."

I stepped away from her and put her gift bag down on the nightstand before sitting on her bed. Not knowing was scary, but now that there was a specific time she was expected to die I wished I didn't know. Only 3 months!? She wouldn't get to graduate high school, or go to prom or see any of my concerts or grow up. She'd never get married or have kids.

"Jake, don't look so down! Lets enjoy the time we have together!"

The next 3 months we spent making memories would be our last times together, how could I be ok with that!? I stayed quiet and she sighed before sitting next to me.

"Dang. You really mad I stopped treatment?"

I nodded.

"Would you shave your head?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"If you shave your head I'll start treatment again."

Without hesitation I went to her bathroom and plugged in the hair clipper that was on the counter. I held a piece of my hair, prepared to shave it away.

"Prince stop it! Oh my god I was joking! I would never want you to shave your head!"

She got my hopes up. "That wasn't a funny joke. I'll see you at dinner."

I walked past her feeling both dissapointed and angry, nothing meant more to me than her, not even my hair.

*AT DINNER*

The restaurant was very fancy, there were chandeliers which gave off dim light and classical music floated through the air. I smiled at Ari who was wearing a long white sleevless dress and a shiny silver necklace. I frowned when I looked at her head, she was wearing a wig. It was long and dark, it looked natural, but because I knew that it wasn't it bothered me to see her wearing it.

"Ariana!" My mom said excitedly, rushing over to her and kissing her cheeks. "Such a pleasure to finally meet you! Happy birthday!"

"Thanks so much." Ari replied.

My mom sat down at the table and I sat beside her. Bella looked like she was about to cry, but I don't think anyone else noticed.

"Hi Ari." She said quietly. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks Behlen." They hugged awkwardly and Behlen sat beside me, Ari sat across from me, in between her parents.

"This is such a nice restaurant." My mom said.