Busted

Ari was napping and so I just sat in my chair with my phone. I uploaded a picture of me with Beans on the couch yesterday.

Caption: Just chillin, so excited for NY tommorow!

I had to keep the fans off my trail so I never uploaded pictures of me at the hospital and I never mentioned being here. After it was posted to my Instagram I switched to my Twitter app and checked my mentions.

"@Mindless_Milly:@PeacePunkPrince I saw you yesterday! My sister was getting her tonsils out and I saw you talking to Nurse Mary! I hope no one is hurt!"

I took a big gulp, I was not comfortable with her tweeting about it. I had to play it cool, I had to.

"@Mindless_Milly oh really!? You should have said hi! No everyone's fine, just needed my checkup. :)"

I stayed on Twitter, constantly refreshing my mentions page until I saw her reply.

"@Mindless_Milly: @PeacePunkPrince ok good! I should have said hi -_- I was afraid"

"@Mindless_Milly Awws, no need to be scared! I don't bite :)"

I got off after that, not wanting to see the sexual comments I assumed Team Mindless were making. I felt nervous knowing that someone from TM had seen me...if people found out I was visiting someone, surely it wouldn't end well. Jealousy makes people do crazy things. My phone vibrated and I had a new text from Roc.

--Aye man, you all good? Why were you at the hospital??? (11:13am)

~~Forreal I was just getting a check up. (11:13am)

--Oh ok, just making sure. You wanna hang out today? Go Kart track or somethin? (11:15am)

~~Anytime after 4 is good. (11:15am)

--Aight, 5:30? (11:15am)

~~Sure! See ya! (11:16am)

--Bye. (11:16am)

~~Bye

The tv was off and the remote was so close to Ari that I was afraid grabbing it would wake her. I stared at the blinds on the window and began to daydream. I pictured Ari singing, and screaming from the front row of a concert. Then I imagined how she would act if she was in the "Missing You" chair on stage. I could almost see her dancing around in the chair, surely she wouldn't be shy. Her skin would glow under all the stage lights and her smile would distract me. I stopped day dreaming when a dark thought creeped into my mind.

What if she dies?

"Jake." She said.

I looked at her, expecting a smile, but didn't see one.

"You ok?" I asked her.

"No." She winced and squinted her eyes tight.

"Ari what is it?!" I panicked.

"My stomach, it hurts. It REALLY hurts."

I clicked the red button along her bed rail and held her hand while waiting for assistance.

"What's the issue?" Asked a nurse. The same one who had flirted with me.

"My stomach." Ari groaned.

"Do you feel nautious?"

"No. Just a sharp pain. Like I'm being stabbed."

"Ok sweetie pie you just hang on, I'm ganna get the doctor." She turned to me. "If you aren't blood related I need you to go in the waiting room." There was an attitude in her tone.

"But..." I sighed. I didn't wanna stress out Ariana. "Ok."

She dissapeared into the hall and I frowned at Ari.

"It's almost 4."

"I know. Just go."

"I'll see you when I get back from New York mmk?"

"K."

I stepped towards her, hoping to kiss her goodbye, but she held her hand up.

"Please. Don't." She winced. "Don't touch me."

"Ok." I put my hands up to signal surrender. "I love you Ariana."

"I lo-- aaah!" She yelled. She went into a fetal like position as she grabbed her stomach.

"Time to go." The doctor told me quickly.

"Yes, sir."

I glanced at Ari's pain filled face one last time and was forced away. I sat on a bench in the parking lot and let my tears fall. What was I supposed to do!? What could I do!? I grabbed my hair and yelled to let out my anger and frustration. The girl that I loved was in a hospital bed in pain and I wasn't even allowed to comfort her.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed my mom's number. "Mom, can you come get me?"

"What? It's still 25 till."

"I know. I just...gotta go."

"Baby are you crying?"

"Please ma. Just come."

"Ok! I'm on my way."

Every second that passed until my mom finally arrived was painful. Just being outside the building made me angry because I knew Ariana was in it.

"What happened?" My mom asked as I got into the car.

I took a lot of deep breaths before I could form words. "Something happened to her stomach, I don't know. She said it hurt and started yelling out in pain."

My mom breathed a sigh of relief and put her hand over her heart.

"Oh. I thought you were ganna say she died."

I looked at her and said nothing.

"Sorry." She apologized quietly.

I rested my head against the seat and cried all the way home. One day maybe I would be giving the news of her death. If I was this upset over the little episode she had, I couldn't imagine my reaction to losing her forever.