Pushed Away

I woke up early on Saturday and showered. Finally I could see Ari! I brushed my hair back into a ponytail and looked over my outfit in the mirror. I had on a shirt with skulls all over, and my over-alls. I put on my round black sunglasses and my black boots. Just before I was about to go wake my mom my phone rang.

"Mrs.Lyle" flashed across my screen

"Hello." I said cheerfully. "I was just about to go over there."

"Yeah...about that..."

I bit my lip and sat on my bed. "What's wrong?"

"Ariana doesn't want you to come today."

"What!?" I pulled the phone away from my ear and took a deep breath, I didn't want to sound rude. "Why not?" I asked calmly.

"Because she woke up this morning not feeling well. Our doctor told us that the Cancer is getting worse and she's a wreck right now."

"Please." I begged. "Mrs.Lyle the group has a lot going on for the next few days. I don't know when I'll be able to visit again. I wanna be there for her."

"I'm sorry."

"Mrs.Lyle! Please! I love your daughter and I miss her very much! I need to see her!"

"I'm sorry." She repeated in a very emotionless voice.

I couldn't beg anymore because she hung up on me. I tossed my phone on the bed behind me and tears rushed down my face. I could taste the salt on my lips. For the first time in a while I wasn't crying because I was sad, I cried because I was so angry. Ariana kept pushing me away and it wasn't fair!

I pulled off one of my boots and let it fall to the floor. When I pulled off my other one I looked at it, then looked at my wall. I threw my boot as hard as I could and watched it bounce of the wall and land on my bed.

"Jake! What was that!?" My mom panicked, running into my room.

She looked down at my clenched fists, my tomatoe red face and the tears pouring endlessly from my eyes. She looked afraid whe I started walking towards her, when I was close enough I threw my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"I can't help her mami! I can't help her!"

She wrapped her arms around my back and rubbed it.

"Ay dios mio. It's not your fault baby." She said sadly.

"She never lets me see her! Her Cancer got worse, her parents said she's a mess and STILL she won't let me see her!"

I guess my mom didn't know what to say, so she continued to hold me as I cried away my anger and fear.

After my little moment with my mom she went to work and I put back on my pajamas. I decided to call my Ari, even though I knew she wouldn't answer. I wanted to leave her a message.

"Please leave a message after the beep." The robotic voice told me. *Beep*

"Hey Ari. Just called to say that I miss you and I hope you're ok....well...that's all. I love you. Bye."

I hung up and layed back in the couch, my eyelids felt heavy so I decided a nap wouldn't hurt.

I woke up to my phone singing "Strip clubs and dolla bills...still got my money!" I grabbed my phone and answered Ariana's call.

"Hi."

"Hey Ari."

"Are you busy?"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Nope."

"Can you come over?"

I glanced at the TV cable box to check the time and frowned.

"It's already 3, and my mom took the car."

"Can you walk?"

"Walk to the hospital? That's far."

She laughed. "No not to the hospital! Are you insane? Walk to my house!"

"What? You're at home now?"

"Yupp."

"But why?"

"Lets just talk when you get here k?"

"Uh...ok."

What was going on? Why was she at home again. Deciding I didn't wanna change I left the house in the black basketball shorts and white t-shirt I was wearing already. I pretty much jogged to Ariana's house, the anticipation was killing me! I just wanted to get there already. Did this mean she was ganna stop pushing me away?