CHAPTER 56: AVALON'S PAST PART 2

(Photo- Rachel)

"I'm a witch." She said. I couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm serious!" She said above a whisper. "Oh yeah? Prove it." I raised my eyebrows into the air. She sighed and looked to her side. She seemed embarrassed to say something. "I don't have an active power." She said. "What?" I folded my arms. "I don't have an active power. My only power is sensing. That's how I sensed it was your

birthday and that your best friend Abby likes Jack." She said. I rolled my eyes. "I also sense that you feel like something bad is going to happen.." She said slowly. My eyes widened. How could she possibly know that? I immediately walked off. "You know i'm right Avalon!" Rachel shouted.
=======================================================================================
The sound of my alarm clock angrily woke me up. I smashed the button with my hand and the alarm clock broke. I pushed my eyebrows together as I threw the covers off my body. I made my way downstairs to see my mother cooking breakfast and dad reading a newspaper. "Good morning honey. Your party was a huge hit!" Mom excitedly said. "Really? Dad wouldn't let any guys dance with me." I responded. Mom looked at dad. "There were teenage hormones coming left and right. My daughter isn't going to be exposed to that. And if I recall I did let you have that one dance." He said. I balled my fist up.

"With the neighbors son. He's a geek!" I shouted. "Mr. Millington is a fine young man." He calmly said as he flipped through his newspaper. "Mom." I said hoping she would help. "Don't worry honey you'll have many other parties that your father won't be in invited too." She said causing me to smile. I made my over to the fridge. "Oh I forgot to tell you guys. There's this new girl in my history class. Her name is Rachel. She came to the party last night and told me that she was a Witch." I chuckled as I opened the fridge and grabbed the Orange juice carton.

"Can you believe that?" I asked as I closed the fridge. Worried looks appeared on their faces. "What?" I asked, pushing my eyebrows together. "Honey sit down." Mom said. "I don't want to sit down. What's going on?" I seriously asked. Dad sighed. "Avalon, we're not your real parents." Dad seriously said. I chuckled. "What?" I asked with a giant smile on my face. They looked at each other then back at me. My smile slowly faded. "Oh my god your serious." I walked over to the kitchen table and sat down. Dad sighed. "We were real close with your birth parents. Edison and Diamond Cook. We were the only ones who they trusted to keep their secret." He said. I pushed my eyebrows together. "What are you talking about? Mom what is he talking about?" I asked.

She sighed. "Honey it's true. Your birth parents were werewolves." She said. I quickly stood up from the table. "Is everyone out of their freaking minds?" I shouted. Dad stood up. "Your birth parents gave you to us so they can fight an evil werewolf that was killing off the werewolf population. They told us that if you don't return, keep you hidden. On your sixteenth birthday you start to develop your abilities. Your parents told me when the time is right a coven of witches will send their youngest member to give you an important device your mother was working on." He explained."You guys are nuts." I quickly made my way out of the kitchen and to the front door. I walked out. =======================================================================================
I walked into the the park, not a soul to be seen. I made my way over to the park bench and sat down. I looked to my left to see Rachel walking towards me. I rolled my eyes as she sat down. "Get away from me freak. Did you follow me here?" I asked. "No, I sensed that you were here." She responded. I quickly stood up and was walking away. Rachel followed. "Avalon please listen to me. I'm telling the truth." She said. I stopped and turned around. "You can't prove it. So to me your basically just a nut job. Keep following me and i'm going to call the police." I walked off.
=======================================================================================
I had just changed into my gym uniform and was heading for the gym. I opened one of the gym doors to see Abby and Jack kissing. I balled my fist up as I quickly made my way over there. "You bitch!" I shouted. Abby pulled away with her eyes widened. "Ava, you don't have gym this period." She nervously said. "They changed my schedule. Thank god they did because if they didn't I wouldn't have been able to seen how big of a slut you are!" I pushed her and she went flying into the wall. Everyone quickly crowded around her.
=======================================================================================
"This kind of behavior will not be tolerated in my school. I only have one question. Where are you getting the drugs?" My school principal asked. I pushed my eyebrows together. "What?" I asked. "You pushed that girl so hard she went flying into the wall. No girl is that strong. Steriods or any drugs are defiantly not allowed in this school. Is someone in here giving them to you?" He asked. There was a knock at his door. "Come in." He said. Rachel entered the room. "Hi, uh Avalon and I have a report we need to present."

She said. "You'll just have to do it without her." He responded. "I can't." She simply replied. "I'm sorry who are you?" He asked. Rachel moved closer towards his desk with a smile. "I'm Rachel. I'm kindly asking that you let Avalon go or I could tell the school board that you spent school funding to redecorate your bathroom." She said. Silence filled the air. "Avalon your free to go." My principal angrily said. I stood up with a smile. Rachel and I walked out.
=======================================================================================
"Thanks. I owe you one." I said. Rachel and I walked through the hall. "No problem. So why did you push Abby?" She asked. "I would tell you but something tells me you already know." I seriously said. "I do.." She responded. We walked outside. "Avalon I know this all sounds crazy but you have to believe me."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a gold necklace. "Your birth mother Diamond made this. She told my coven that when the time is right bring it to you." She handed it to me. "It's a necklace." I pushed my eyebrows together. "I'm going to need that." A guy said grabbing our attention. "Who are you?" Rachel asked. "Alexander Turner. But you can call me Alex." He said with a smile.