Even though you broke me

before we get into this chapter, could u guys please check out my new youtube video on my youtube acc :

"Sanne.luykx" (the link is in my bio as well) ♡
--
I open up my eyes and stare at the road. The sky turned dark and is lighten up by some stars. We've been driving now three days on our way to meicelle. I'm not sad anymore, I'm just clueless. My father didn't leaved me as I thought he did. He leaved me to heal my name. But why? My mum was poisoned, but how? Even leon doesn't knows more of the story. But I just can't believe my grandparents could hide this for me. I am not a child anymore. And the worst, everyone who could know the truth. Isn't alive anymore.

I listen patiently at his voice, crooning a song. I stare at the lines and curves of his face. His face I see in my dreams turned older, but more masculine.
It looks even more attractive then it used to be.

Even though he broke me, I still want him.

"Leon"

"Yes?" He said as he turned his face for a couple seconds to me. But I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. I just wanted him to look back at me.

"Nothing" I mumbled as he turned his face again to the road. I gasp for air as I notice I remember his touches. These thoughts shouldn't show up, not now, not ever again after everything. There's a war surrounding us, people are dying and I can't stop thinking about him.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he probably noticed me talking with myself in my head.

"Eh me? Eh who else, eh yes I'm fine" I mumbled.

"Just twenty miles to go untill we're in meicelle Vilu, I can understand you're nervous"

Wait..we're almost there? How could I possibly not notice that? Well lucky he doesn't know the real reason of my nerves.

"Oh yeah" I spoke, not knowing what to say. "I don't even know how he would look like at the moment. I haven't seen him since I was just a kid."

"I know, that's why I'm asking" he smiled a bit to me.

"Don't ask leon, we don't even know if he still lives there nor if he's still alive"

"But I do ask you Violetta, you're sure you can do this?"

-
"Why?" I ask not understanding, but the look in his eyes told me he didn't understood me either. "Why are you being so nice to me Leon"

"Can't I be nice towards someone I know almost my whole life?" He chuckled

"No" I said. "I mean you were gone Leon, and since the war..You are acting like nothing happend between the both of us"

"No you understand me wrong" he said as he untied his belt and stopped the car.

"What are you going to do? Leave me alone in this car?" I asked in shock

"We must walk from here Vilu, the tank is empty and now it's dark we have the chance for not being noticed" he said as he wanted to get out of the car but I grabbed him my his shoulder.

"We weren't done yet" I mocked, trying to get an answer out of him. He sighed and looked annoyed at me. "Don't look like that to me"

"Violetta can't you just understand I'm trying to help you?"

"No that's why Leon, I don't understand why you are helping me after not even talking to me for months. And now you're telling me I'm wrong?"

"I haven't said such a thing like that"

"Okay, then tell me what you mean"

"Seriously?" He sighed. "Isn't that clear enough for you yet Vilu?"

"What isn't clear?"

"Like you've forgotten all the moments we shared. Because I haven't Vilu"

"You know the reason why we've split up Leon."

"Yes I know Violetta" he mocked almost shouting which make me shut my mouth. "I've made mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. And I regret my mistakes every day Violetta. I didn't came to you so you could find someone else even though we could have so much. I have let you go because you didn't deserved me"

"I" i gasped for air from the nerves and the shivers on my back. "You didn't fight for us to let me go to love someone else? Leon why would you do such a thing?"

"Don't you understand Violetta?" He sighed hopeless.

"No" I whispered as I shook my head.

"I loved you enough to let you go"