Just take this one

Violetta's POV
-
"Grandpa?"

I opened the door of one of his barns where I used to find him whenever he wasn't home.

as expected he sat there, reading a book between all the dust.

I sat down beside him, not speaking a word.

I felt so alone.

"Where's your necklace?" He asked after a moment.

"Oh" I looked back up on him. "I gave it to leon"

"He really ment the world for you , didn't he?"

"He still does"

He nodded, leaving it with a soothing sigh. "We all will miss him, you know that right?"

I nodded,

But we all could admit I'd miss that boy the most.

"Grandpa?"

"Hm?"

"Can females join the army too?"

"Well.." J heard him swallow for a second before he gave me a small nodd. "They can, why are you asking?"

"Maybe..I uhm" I looked down my hands, growing aware of that tight feeling in my chest. "Would it be possible for me to join the army?"

"Who made you come up with that idea? That's insane" He prusted back in my own amazement.

"It isn't insane at all" I mocked back, feeling stupid for even asking him. "It's not like only men can protect our country"

"Ofcource not" He shook his head instantly. "You're just so young, at least try to understand that. I don't want to loose you either"

"I'm seventeen, going to eighteen. There are boys from fourthteen who join our army, what would be so wrong about it?"

"Because I don't want to loose you like I lost my own daughter" He sighed, speaking about my mother.

"This is different" I stated as I stood up.

"No" he whined, gazing at me like he could tear up every second. "You're too young Vilu, conversation is over"

Over?

Hell no.

"For how long do you expect me to be stuck here while men are dying out there for us?"

"Violetta"

"Grandpa don't understand me wrong. But if they come. We all will die. I prefer to die as someone who tried to safe lifes instead of dying as Violetta" I said while I kicked a stone away

"And what about us? Do you think you can take care of yourself within a day?"

"I will fight for you, Fight for all of you"

"I won't let that happen. And the army would never even dare tp accept a girl. Specially not one from seventeen years old"

A lump got stuck between my lungs.

"Fine"

-
Leon's POV
-

"Leon Vargas"

I turned around once I heard my name being mentioned. A male figure was looking my way.

We were just in the middle of a shooting battle, hiding in trenches.

"Yeah?"

How does this guy know my name in anyway?

"I might miss understood, but you ade friends with Violetta right?"

Violetta? Who is this guy?

I gave him a small nodd, trying to figure out who he possibly could be. "Yes I am"

"Ah, so I finally get the pleassure to meet you" He grinned, shooting now.

I did too.

"Meet me?" I asked after a while.

"Yeah, I'm her nephew"

Now that makes sense.

He gave me his hand. "The name is Alex, great to finally get to know you"

"Well" I groaned, shaking his hand. "At least if one of us dies we can be there for her"

"She told me alot about you" he said, meanwhile we were trying to shoot some bullets to the other side.

"I hope positive" i chuckled, thinking about her.

"Oh believe me. It is"

"Ah"

"I guess you miss her kisses the most, don't you?"

Kisses?

"Uhm we are friends like I told you before"

"Hell no" a little laughter escaped trough his lips. "You didn't even kiss her? "

I shook my head.

"Man" he was laughing now as he reloaded his gun.."Only if you knew.."

"Know what?" I raised him a brow.

What did this guy actually know about me?

"Nothing for you to worry about, but just promise me one thing okay?"

"What?" I shrugged.

"Don't die"

"Oh I wish" I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious here"

"Me too" I replied back.

"Just take this advice, once you see her. Don't be afraid and just fucking kiss the hell out of her"