Beating Heart

Two weeks? Yes I confirmed to myself, i've been stuck on this doomed place for two weeks already. 14 days and still not a living sine of Leon vargas, and I wonder..Why am I even here? I'm suposed to be home, do daily activities, listen to my grandparents as any grand daughter would. But no, I'm stuck inbetween a thousands of male figures and non of them seems to be the reason why I came here at the first place. What was I even thinking? Perhaps he already died and I left the day we would get the news?

Ugh..

"Violetta Castillo"

"Yes?" in suprise I zipped open my tent and looked up at a man, I had seen him a couple times before already. At least I had my own place without any men and yes, I stayed here all day and night when I wasn't needed. How great?

"You have to follow me" he replied. Uh..oh well?

"Where are we going to?" I asked once I got outside .

"Five men are missing. They went into the forest to check if they might be able to find some secret roads for suprising attacks, but ever since they are missing. The first group of our men has already left, and you're in the second group''

Why me? I just learned how to shot a fire.

''What do you expect me to do?'' I asked curious.

''Just follow John, look after your team members and do the best you can''

"Oh" I murmured while I walk to the others. Very imformative as always?

"We're complete now'' One of them said. I asumed he must be John?

And there all of us went inside the forest, and I knew I wasn't the first one walking here and feeling unsure. A place that used to be calm and peacefull just turned into a cruel, dangerous place with hidious secrets. 

Right there the sound of a gunshot fluttered trough my ears, and for gods sake it was close.

~~
-
Leons Pov
-
We went into the forest as the first group. I was glad to finally do something else then only take lifes of unknown people. I was tired, yet still wide awake with all my senses to watch over all my friends and mates.

''Leon you should hear this'' Diego whispered as he hushed beside me to catch me up.

''shut your mouth Diego'' I hissed. If someone would hear us now we truelly would be doomed to die right now.

''Oh come on, it's not l-''

My ears collasped by hearing a bullet float my way. I closed my eyes in shock, but it never hit me.

''For fucks sake'' I heard Diego groaning , pain laced in his voice. As I looked at him I noticed his arm was hit by a single bullet.

I have to cover myself right now.

Quickly I pulled him after me and hid the both of us behind  a tree. Trying to breathe calmly trough all the silence if there might be a thing I could hear.

Not a single sound.

"You're ok?" I asked after a while as I looked at Diego which was sitting down my feet, trying not to groan of all the pain.

He faced me annoyed, even anger glinted out of his eyes"Do I look okay to you?"

"Never mind'' I sighed as I looked if any one else might could be hit too. They seemed to be okay, thanks god.

After waiting for some minutes the second group had catched up with us. I made sines to John to hide himself fast before anyone of his group could be hit too. I was glad he did, but knowing the dare devil he is he still walked towards me on his own.

''What happened?''He said like a whisper.

''He got shot, but we can't figure out where it came from'' I explained.

''So we're close'' a small smile played his lips, he really did enjoy this. ''He better stays here, We come back later for him okay?''

I looked at Diego if he was fine with our deccision. He nodded in a sigh. ''Just tell me all the nasty details when you turn back'' 

I nodded as John and I both stood up again, ready to continue with our mission for now. ''tell your people we're going futher, but we do take the left side since there are more trees which means more places to cover ouselves''

I nodded and did just what he told me to do.

I hope I could be just that wise as he is one day.

From there on we continued walking, but this time with two groups as one. I felt bad for leaving Diego behind, but I knew he's brave and wise enough to be alone for some time.

And yet, there were still some stupid af people surrounding us that stepped in Diego's feetsteps to talk with one and other. Wasn't I being clear enough?

''I can't believe it's you''

''Well, you've changed alot too''

''It's not like that.. I mean it's really you''

''Alex'''

''Seriously what are you doing here? Did your grandparents really let you go?''

''Well, it's more th-''

for god's sake.

''Could the both of you just shut your fucking mouths?' I exclaimed in anger, feeling the urge to attack both of those who were talking while the instructions were pretty obvious  that we would only use signs to communicate. But when my eyes catched them it felt like I stopped caring for a moment to hold everything together.

I was about to burst any second.

The eyes I had not dare to think about were looking straight into mine. Her long brown lashes blinked from suprise by seeing my face. Her beloved face was more beautiful than I had imagined about all those sleepless nights..

And there she just stood, looking my way.

Shouting. 

She began to shout my name just as others did, why were they all screaming?It didn't made sense to me till I followed their eyes down my stomach.

 I was bleeding terribly.

Gravity pulled me down the ground, falling on my bruised knees as I kept looking at her.She ran my way, catching my head with the palm of her hand right before it could hit the dirty ground  beneath us. And my eyelids..So heavy.

"violetta?"