Blindingly beautifully average- Naegi x Reader.

EDIT 5/1/19
happy new year! sorry for the lack of updates, i've been working on my danganronpa spin-off that i may post to wattpad if i gain the confidence.
ughhh this is so old and not a good representation of my writing abilities now. i wasn't even 12 years old when i wrote this so if you want better writing check out my newer stuff❤️❤️❤️

For the possibly greatest Naegi fangirl ever (who I'm not going to perform a Yandere action on 0-0) XcffLevine-Naegi
THIS IS MY SENPAI, BY THE WAY. ;)
Key: Y/N= Your Name- add in your own name or an OC
If anything is in brackets eg, (colour/color) choose whatever you fancy!
L/N= Last Name- add in your last name or an OC's surname.
---
Y/N's POV
I walked through the heavy crowds of Hope's Peak, trying not to get crushed alive like an ant. There was about two thousand kids there, and I was shorter/taller/around the same height as/than all of them. Even though it was mightily claustrophobic, I let the reality soak in. I had arrived at Hope's Peak as the SHSL (Talent). I suddenly felt like I belonged. This was...home.
I whipped my (favourite colour/color) headphones out of my satchel and plugged in a good album. I felt like dancing around the hall, but I wasn't ruining a decent reputation so fast. I crossed the hall like a busy road and went straight to my locker.
Something inside it bugged me. All the other students had stuck stickers all over it or bus tickets or even historic photographs. I knew I was the only one with a dull locker door. Apart from one.
Makoto Naegi.
He was probably the most average student in the world, but what's not to love? He's kind, caring, sorta cute, clumsy, cheerful and humble. I could go on all day about his good traits, and I knew just how much we belonged together. It was a perfect match. Oh heavens, he's coming through the halls at that second.
Even though no one was speaking to him, he had that super-cute smile on his face with a tad of confidence. His olive green eyes were wide open, like he'd drunk two mugs of coffee or something. Somehow, I seemed to be more attracted to him than I have been before. Maybe it was because he finally noticed I existed? Or maybe he'd been up at 5 straightening his ahoge with that slim comb I see him carry around. Either way, he'd done a good job with impressing me.
"Hey, Y/N!" He grinned, but he didn't carry on walking, oh no. Instead, he trotted over to my locker to guide me to class...?
"Oh, hey Makoto," I said, bravely.
I could never muster the courage to talk to him. He seemed like the guy who couldn't turn down a love confession, but he was one you didn't want to disappoint.
"I j-just wanted to," He began, shyly, "know if you...w-wanted to be my (subject) partner?"
Holy mother of-we had the same class! My eyes lit up joyfully, sparkling when the light hit them. "Sure!"
---
In class, you realised how blindingly boring this year was going to be. The (subject) lesson was like doing homework in a silent room with only a ticking clock to talk to you.
"Bored already, Y/N?" Makoto teased.
"No duh." I elbowed him playfully.
"Ow!"
"Sorry..."
---
"Y/N..." Makoto tapped me on the shoulder, yanking my headphones off making me flinch. "Gah!" I yelped, turning around with an agitated look on my face.
"Sorry, Y/N. I just wanted to ask you...if you're free...right now?" Naegi shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.
"Yup! Sure am!" I nodded like an idiot.
He walked me out of the school gates in a sort of dazed expression. We remained in silence, only staring deeply into each other's eyes. I looked away in a flash, attempting to hide my embarrassment. Why was I always acting such a phoney when he spoke to me? It was like he had full control of my emotions.

Naegi

This girl.
I love her.
She's taught me something, and damn.
That's not her job...

I'd never believed in love at first sight...until today. Y/N L/N had charmed me fully. I didn't want to speak in case I messed up, but she was just average like me. I didn't see what could go wrong.

No, Makoto. Don't jump right in.
Take her somewhere she'll indeed appreciate.
A park?

"Park, Y/N?" I shrugged, gesturing towards the park, which we had just approached, "I mean...it's not compulsory."
Y/N-san nodded, surprised that I'd said the first thing in about ages. Running ahead, she urged me to hurry up and stop being a 'slow coach'.

Y/N

I rushed towards the swings, which had always been my favourite equipment. Not to swing on or anything. Just to chill and listen to my album.
"Y/N-San," Makoto caught up, staring at me with this serious look on his face.
Have I made Senpai angry?
What did I do?
Maybe he's not mad?

"I kn-know you may not feel th-this way," He blushed a little, dusting his cheeks,
"b-but I feel as if I..."
He stopped talking.
He wrapped his arms around my waist.
He holds me close.
What's going on?
"...love you!"

Hellooooooo! Sorry, that wasn't at it's best. Sooo, the next chapter I publish is probs gonna be another Naegi x Reader (I get a lot of requests for him ;])
Sorry for that ending, and that there was no smoochy smooch ;)

Whatever! Enjoy!