Part 36 No Human Flesh

© Copyright 2014

Xavier POV

It’s been a few hours since Alexis stormed off into the outback. I sent some men out with my baby brother to kind of “keep an eye” on her covertly. I thought about what Xenara said, and I know I should go talk to her make sure everything’s okay but the pack comes first.

She is part of the pack, don’t get me wrong, but if our security comes under threat I can’t possibly choose to sort out relationship problems rather than take immediate action.

That would be both stupid and selfish on my part.

She’ll understand… I hope…

I sighed.

Maybe having a mate that keeps me on my toes isn’t always the best thing…

‘Trouble in paradise?’

I turned coming face to face with and observant Cole. He just stood there glaring at me. His platinum blonde hair made him look especially lethal when he wore that expression.

‘Chanelle told you?’ 

‘Something like that.’ He paused, his expression shifting slightly ‘You shouldn’t be here.’ I laughed at that statement.

‘Then who should?’ I challenged his thought process outwardly.

‘Me. I’m Beta for a reason X…’ I rolled my eyes at that one. He was smirking heavily at me as if he knew something I didn’t. I was in big trouble wasn’t I? ‘Go home dude.’

‘Fuck.’ Turning away briefly, I grabbed my cell and unlocked it. 16 missed calls. None from Lexi though. They were all from what I’m guessing was a pissed off Chanelle. 

‘Gotta go dude.’

Hurrying past him, I heard a chuckle laced with pure happiness escape Cole as I made my rush for the door.

Note to self...  

Pleeeeaase stop pissing off Chanelle.

………………………………………………… 

Alexis POV

I at least expected him to come after me.  

I huffed as I stood between the trees looking at our house. Not one single movement…

Why didn’t he come looking for me?

He better have a good flipping excuse.

No man should see his girl that upset and disappear… Uncrossing my arms, I contemplated going into the house stalk naked. I mean I had completely destroyed the clothes I was wearing in my haste to shift and get away from here.

It would really work him up if I shifted back and went in in my human form.. Completely ignoring him from now to forever of course... Did I mention I would be naked??

But then again, I haven’t been known to have to greatest willpower, my wolf reminded me. She can be quite the pessimist when she’s ready.

Fine.

No human flesh.

I’ll wear my fur until I can get dressed. In fact, I need a complete shower. 

I may or may not have pretty much destroyed my secret place in all my rage. My wolf started pushing for me to start making our way to the house as I mentally scowled myself.

Where was I going to go to get away now?

My thoughts exactly Alexis.

 God I hate when you do that regal, prestige accent thingy. Stop that.

One must endeavour to grow outwardly as much as I have inwardly don’t you think?

One must do what one feels like doing. Don’t sass me. I’m not the one that needs to run every day. I quite like just being human me. 

Silence…

Just the way I like it.

 ………………………………………….

As I climbed the stairs to the backdoor, the snapping of a twig caught my attention. My head darted into the direction of the sound as I lifted my snout to inhale.

He had him follow me?

‘Thanks Hunter.’

He appeared long enough to wear an embarrassed expression on his face running his hand through his spiked hair. 

Your trainings paying off. I didn’t smell you at all... Ex-nay on the twig crunching next time though’ I concluded sending a wink his way before entering the house.

………………………………….

Xavier POV

She’s home already? Why didn’t Hunter tell me that? I’m dead meat I swear. I hope Chanelle isn’t there.

One angry female is enough for me. I thought out loud as I took to the stairs to out bedroom.

The showers running. I’m guessing someone got in a good workout.

 What should I say first? Should I just explain?

I mean I know she’ll understand.. I combed my hand nervously through my curls.

No stupid. You need to apologize first, THEN you can explain to her right?

Would that work?

She’s rained on my parade so badly today. I’m talking gale force winds, the whole cha-bang. Her dad will be back soon. He can’t see her while she’s like this.

……………………………

Opening the bedroom door, I found myself being pulled into a passionate kiss.

She isn’t mad anymore?

Her tongue traced the lining of my bottom lip excruciatingly slowly, taking her time to taste me. I pulled her tighter until her body sandwiched mine leaving barely any room for the rapid rise and fall of our chests. She tasted... different. Felt different. Her tongue teased my lips again a second time, begging me for entrance.

Why didn’t I feel the sparks when she… 

‘XAVIER! WHAT THE FUCK?!’