Part 3 Party Acre

The picture at the top is really similar to what  I imagined my Chanelle looks like.

© Copyright 2017

Alexis POV

Don't ask me how we did it but we managed to get away from him.

By the time I came too my danger-o-meter switched back to being stable the cool Dixon breeze was blowing my golden strands across my face. I don't even remember seeing anything but him walking tantalizingly closer to me one step after the other before I found myself being buckled into the passenger seat of the red audi convertible.

What was he up to? I could feel something was off but what?

'Mine'

That's clearly what I heard him say. It was a harsh whisper but I heard it nonetheless. I am his? I am a possession for him to claim without my permission? 

By the time I clicked out of my thoughts I was staring at the back of Chan's egg brown garage walls through the windscreen. I unbuckled myself slowly still slightly lost in my own thoughts and scrambled out of the audi. 

'You're staying here tonight.'

'What?' I responded still slightly bewildered.

'Sleep over.'

Oh.

I could tell by the way she said it, it wasn't up for discussion. She said it matter-of-factly before she disappeared through the plain glass doors into her house.

I usually sleep over anyway. In fact i'm here so often I have my own room and closet full of clothes in their second bedroom. Her mom's hardly ever around too so she has the same setup in my house. That's one of the main things that drew us together as we grew up. That and she used to live next door to me.

Our parents thought it was best if we keep each other sane so we weren't alone in these quiet houses by ourselves with the cleaners. Either that or getting a 'nanny' but I refused to be shadowed by a babysitter past the age of 12.

I don't know what it was like for Chan before I moved back here. It must have been difficult. Though we kept in contact she was always kind of distant when it came to certain parts of her life. 

Eventually I stopped asking.

In fact she never speaks about her parents ever and by the way she tenses when I mention mine I can tell she has 'valid' reason not to.

We've been friends for years so I know when and when not to pry. Chan happily fights her demons solo then unfolds every part of the storyline once she reaches the ending. Snapping back to reality I realized I'd been standing there staring at the back wall of the garage for at least 10 minutes.

Wake up Alexis. Jheeze!

Chanelle had been avoiding my gaze ever since I was introduced pretty much by force to Xavier. She's barely spoken a single word since then until she ripped me away from him to her house. I swear I heard him refer to her as C2 to the tall broad shouldered guy named Cole. 

I ran down the hall and up the staircase assuming Chanelle had gone to her room.

'Should I ask her or no? But ask her what exactly? I know she is keeping something from me but what?'

As I continued my mental battle with no-one in particular, I noticed her bedroom door was slightly ajar. I could just about make out her pacing back and forth with her phone pressed to the left side of her face.

'Why were you there?! Do you know what you've done?'

Who on earth is she talking too? And what have they done?