Part 14 Trust me ? (pt 1)

© Copyright 2016

Alexis POV

'Stay here and hide' Xavier waved me in the direction of the other girls before heading for the door.

'I want to come with you.'

'NO!' he glared at me briefly as if I was being completely absurd before he turned his back to me again calling Cole to his side. There's that tone again. It was fine the first time but now he's really starting to piss me off.

'I'm coming with you. I'm a werewolf now.' I attempted to move forward but I found myself in Chanelle and Xenara's grip.

'This was never a discussion. I refuse to lose another one. You. Stay. here.' this time his voice wasn't harsh at all. It was as though I asked him what flavor ice-cream he wanted. What does he mean I won't lose another one?

'Lose who?' the words slipped out before I could even fight to hold them back. It didn't matter though. He kept his back turned to me and pretended I hadn't spoken at all.

'Oh he's so sweet. I would love to be with him forever..' Note the sarcasm.

'Brick-chewing Alpha prick' I mumbled those sweet words under my breath before storming off to my room and slamming the door shut. How dare he speak to me like that in front of half our packs young people?!

Alpha tone? Really? Why would he ever think it's okay to use that on me?

If you hadnt noticed it was a tone werewolves under his order physically could not disobey.

Xavier POV

She didn't need to be there.

Why's she being such a brat? I don't want to expose her to these things. She could get hurt. What would I do then?

'Everyone's here. Their scent is thick on the East wing.' Cole looked to me for direction as did the rest of the males gathered here.

'Hunter. You're in.' My brother looked at me like I was insane. 

I never let him go out with us before. With the amount we have here in numbers he'll be fine. He's growing up now as much as I hate to admit it. I should have been taking him on rounds for years, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

'I said come on before I change my mind.' I waved him over as we head through the door. Wolves materialized in all directions of me as we shifted in the air stampeding the grounds towards the east. 'No-one kills without my word. This is the second intrusion something's not quite right.'

'Yes Alpha.'

The chorus of answers rang through my head as the bounty of thumps against the night's forest floor echoed in our dust.

Xenara POV

'Lexi open up please.' I've been begging her to open up for an hour. She's so stubborn! Of course I could never say this to her out loud. When her door opened I was stunned.

'Chanelle?' How did she get in?

'I took the roof.'

'Huh?'

'She climbed through my window the troll.' Lexi didn't look please at all.

'Come on Lex cheer up. You have to understand what it would be like for him if he ever lost you to a rogue.' I spoke as calmly as I could walking into the room and shutting the door behind me.

'All I understand is that he threatened me like a child.'

'He has his reasons.' Chanelle chimed in just as Lexi was about to go on another rant. She closed her mouth as quickly as she opened it and looked at us back and forth with a confused look on her face.