"Can you move?" he asked.

Slowly, she used her arms to sit up halfway, her back resting on the box. Her body hurt from the little movement, and she had no idea how she would make it up the stairs.

"Here, put this on." He handed her a fluffy white robe, helping get her arms in the holes and tying it in the front.

"I'm going to help you stand now," he put his hands underneath her armpits and lifted her with ease. She was surprised by how strong he was, or maybe it only seemed like it because she felt so small.

He guided her out of the box step by step, and when her foot fell asleep, he picked her up and carried her out of the room. As they silently walked up the steps and into the house, she realized the door was just off the kitchen.

It was so bright, she could barely see anything. He walked her up more steps, until they reached a bathroom. He'd drawn a bath for her in a giant white marble tub. Alec sat her feet down in the water, waiting until she had sure footing and slipped off her robe.

They were past formalities.

The water felt warm and soothed her body. Her hands and feet took a little while to adjust, but once they did her whole body relaxed. She didn't flinch when Alec rubbed shampoo into her hair, massaging her scalp. She couldn't deny it felt good, and he poured buckets of water over her hair until it was clean and free of suds.

"I'll leave you to finish up here," he said, wiping his hands with a towel. "I've left you a nightgown and another robe if you get cold. Supper is waiting for you downstairs."

He left her alone in the bath, giving her privacy to clean herself. She stayed for a bit, but didn't want to wait too long to eat. The bath gave her back some energy, but she was still slow changing into the lavender nightgown.

The top of the gown was lined with lace that hit a bit lower on her breasts than she would have liked, but she gave two shits about how she looked at the moment. Throwing the robe on over the gown, she headed down the stairs toward the smell of food. In the dining room was a massive and ornate rectangular table that could fit twenty people.

A meal setting for one was displayed, and a round silver warmer sat on top of a silver plate. Almost knocking over a chair, she rushed to the table and threw the warmer to the side. A moderately portioned salad sat on a plate with colorful vegetables and a nice piece of salmon in the middle.

Mila inhaled the food so fast, she almost choked a couple times. Life slowly returned to her with every delicious bite. When she finished Alec joined her, sitting at the opposite end of the table.

"I hope you enjoyed your meal," he said, surprising her. She was seconds away from licking her fingers, but stopped herself. Something about him always made her lose her appetite.

"Is there anymore?" she asked hopefully. Her stomach was satisfied, but her heart felt like eating for days.

"You can eat more tomorrow. I kept this meal light so you won't get sick from overeating."

"How thoughtful of you." she said sarcastically.

She knew she must be feeling better if her attitude was coming back. For the first time since she had come to the house, she was able to take in her surroundings. There was a crystal chandelier hanging above the center of the table. Jewel toned blue and yellow wallpaper set the color scheme for the room.

"How long have I been away?"

"Six days, and five nights" he replied. "I kept in touch with your friends and family from your phone. I sent them texts that you needed alone time to cope with your breakup."