ninety two ; the mysterious mystery of baby joseph

Start from the beginning

"he really wanted to be here," jenna says to the slightly confused nurse, a shy smile on her face.

the man nods his head while busting himself with the machine. "that's understandable."

"he didn't answer," says mia with her bottom lip slightly pouted after several rings and no response.

jenna frowns. "he said he would - i wonder if maybe he put his phone down somewhere and forgot where it was, he does that a lot."

"i'll try mark," mia replies, figuring that the boys are probably well into their show with the time different putting them hours ahead. and there's no way that josh would have his phone in his pockets - the boy bounces around too much on the seat of his drum kit to be able to keep his phone on him during the shows.

on the second ring, mark answers. the screen is dark and the sound is pretty loud and awful.

"y'ello?" mark practically yells, squinting at the screen. stage lights illuminate his face and cast shadows.

before even saying hello back, mia points the camera towards jenna, who's laying on her back with her shirt lifted up to reveal her baby bump.

"oh, shit!" mark grins broadly, eyes darting beyond his phone. it's clear that he has an understanding of what's going on. "one sec, i'll get tyler."

the sound is cut off and mia figures that mark muted his end of the call to save them from hearing the speaker blowing music. it takes all of thirty seconds for the view to change, and now mia is looking at tyler and josh's eager faces, cheeks practically touching.

"is it time to uncover the mysterious mystery of baby joseph?" asks tyler, a beaming smile on his glistening face.

mia lets out an amused, small laugh and once again flips the camera. "i don't know, you tell me."

the father of the baby gasps upon seeing his wife. a cheeky grin spreads on his lips and he whistles. "shoot, jen, you look so beautiful."

"thanks, babe," giggles the blonde with blushing cheeks.

josh makes a gagging sound and rolls his eyes with disgust. "ugh, couples."

"i'm sorry - what was that?" mia flips the camera over and glares at her fiancé.

"oh hey," grins josh. "there's my girl."

a loud, unified chorus of 'aw' is heard in the background. mia frowns and then realizes the boys' surroundings.

"wait - are you guys still on stage?"

"correct!" draws out tyler like a game show host, bobbing his head up and down. he changes the view to the back camera so that mia can see the huge mass of people filling up the arena. even though he's holding his phone sideways, not even half the crowd is able to fit in the view.

"alright," hums the nurse as he goes to apply the gel on jenna's stomach. "this is gonna be a little cold."

tyler eagerly squeals, quickly putting the camera view back on his and josh's face. "flip the camera! i wanna see!"

"okay, okay, geez," mia laughs at tyler's impatient behavior and holds the camera so that the two boys can see jenna as well as the ultrasound screen.