Chapter 25: Thousand Hearts

"Welcome home, love," Roman said as he opened the front door. I looked around and noticed he had changed the place up.

"Do you like it?", Roman asked.

"Yeah it's cute," I said.

"Good, there's something else I want to show you," Roman said, grinning.

I followed him down the hall and he opened up one of the rooms.

"Do you like it?", Roman asked, smiling

"Of course, it's so beautiful. Did you design it yourself?", I asked him.

"Yes, I made it this color since we aren't sure what sex the baby is. Also I made sure to include the bed just in case you wanted to spend some nights in here when the baby is born," Roman said.

"Or you could spend some nights in here," I said.

"That's what I need to talk to you about. I'm getting this new job and it's in Daria," Roman said.

"In Daria? That's so far away," I pouted.

"I know baby, but I go in 2 months so I'll be there for the birth and a little while after," Roman said.

"How long do you have to stay there?", I asked him.

"I'm taking the place of a warrior, so I'll be there full time," Roman said.

"Well can I just move with you, since we're together?", I asked.

"You know how expensive Daria is and I'm going to be staying in the warrior quarters with a ton of other men, that's no place for you and the baby. I know in a few months, I can probably make just enough money to buy a house and then you and the baby can come," Roman said.

"So I have to be here alone?", I asked.

"I can probably get some vacation days and visit," Roman said.

"Can I visit you?", I asked.

"Of course, but probably only in the early morning because the rest of the day we train and guard," Roman said.

I nodded.

"I guess we'll just have to work with it," I said.

"Yeah, but it's only for a couple of months and in any case of emergency they have a number, I put it on the fridge," Roman said.

I nodded my head and he gave me a sweet kiss.

"On the positive side, we have an appointment tomorrow and we can find out the sex of the baby," Roman smiled.

I smiled along with him, I couldn't wait to find out the gender of our baby.

"I'm so glad your here, love. I missed you so much," Roman said.

"Are you going to show me how much?", I asked, smiling seductively.

I squealed as Roman picked me up in his arms and carried me into our room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what did you do at your friends house?", Roman asked, his breathing still uneven.

"I would hardly call her a friend, but she was the only place I could go to since my family is dead and all I did was serve drinks," I told him.

"Drinks? You didn't drink any of th-

"Of course not I wouldn't put our baby in dan-

Roman phone started ringing and he answered it.

"Hello....fuck.. I totally forgot...I'll be there," Roman said, running a hand through his hair.

"What happened?", I asked as he hung up the phone.

"There's this event for the new recruits it started 30 minutes ago and they are all wondering where the hell I am," Roman said as he got out of bed.

"Oh."

"Your coming too, love. I'm sure there's a dress in the closet you can wear," Roman said.

I nodded and got up to take a quick shower. After that I went in my closet and found a dress. It started off as black then white petals crept up into the black.

My baby bump hardly showed in it, surprisingly

My baby bump hardly showed in it, surprisingly. I put on my heels and then I did my hair. After that I brushed my teeth and did my makeup.

"You look beautiful, love," Roman said, dressed in a tux, as he kissed me on the cheek.

"Thank you," I said, blushing slightly as I grabbed my clutch. We left out the house and made it to the event. I saw a ton of other women dressed up hanging onto mens shoulders.

Some of those men I recognized, making the color drain from my face.

"You okay, babe?", Roman asked.

"I'm fine, I just need to use the bathroom,'' I said. I hurried over to the bathroom and went inside one of the bathrooms, I immediately started throwing up.

I couldn't believe those men were here. What if they recognized me? What if they told Roman about our encounters?

I felt bile rise in my throat and I started throwing up again. I wiped my mouth with the tissue and then flushed the toilet.

After that I grabbed some mints out if my clutch and shoved them into my mouth.

I walked back out and started walking towards Roman, my heart shattered as I noticed he was talking to one of my old clients.

The look on his face was annoyance and a hint of embarrassment.

Roman walked away from the man and his eyes landed on me.

"Let's go," he mouthed angrily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?