Chapter 19

Katherine's P.O.V.

I woke up and saw Roman sitting down in a chair next to my bed.

I saw him looking at me, tears in his eyes.

"Tell me the truth Katherine," Roman said.

"What?", I asked.

"Are you a prostitute?", he asked. I felt my cheeks redden.

"In some people's terms," I said. He nodded stiffly.

"Thanks for your services," he said as he threw money at me and left.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, I couldn't believe he would do that.

"Aw turn that frown upside down,'' the nurse said as she came in.

"Well you look alright sweetheart. The pills didn't affect you too much, we we were able to get them out of your system before they did too much damage. The only thing is that your pregnant and we haven't seen any signs of disformity in the baby. So that's good, but we will need to follow up," she said.

I nodded. " How far along am I?", I asked.

"About a month and you can leave whenever you want," she said. I got up and left out. I saw Roman leaving and I ran after him.

"Roman," I said.

"What Katherine?!", he asked angrily.

"Please just let me explain the situation and if you still hate me after that, I will leave you alone," I said.

"Fine," he said. We went somewhere more private and I started talking.

"When I was a baby, these people came in and killed all the people in my village. My mom hid me somewhere safe with a note, asking that if anyone where to find me please keep me safe. Long story short a woman found me and brought me back to her house. When I was old enough she wanted me to pay back my debt. I had to give my virginity to some man, but I didn't want to. I thought I was in love with Ben and I slept with him. The lady found out and got mad. She threatened to call the people that killed my village if I didn't leave, so I left and made her promise to make Ben King because I felt like he deserved it. I'm not so sure about that anymore," I said.

He nodded and I continued.

"She wanted me to come back after about 4 years, so of course I had to. When I got back she sexually abused me and when she found out I slept with you she got really mad. So she made me into a sex slave. I swear I never wanted to do it Roman, but if I didn't she would have called the people and they would have killed me," I said.

"Why don't you just kill this woman?", Roman asked.

"Because she's your mother,'' I said.

"Your lying," Roman said.

"I wouldn't lie about this! The day I met you, I was running away from her. And if you look through your family photos you will always see me, standing in the background," I said.

"Your that little girl?", he asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"I'm sorry Katherine, this is just a lot to take in. I can't believe my mother would do something like this," he said shocked.

"Well she did and she kind of hates me now. She called up the people and they will probably be here any day now. So I need to go," I said as I turned around and started walking away.

"Katherine, wait!", Roman yelled. I stopped in my tracks.

"I want to apologize for what I did back there. It was rude and disrespectful," he said.

"I accept your apology," I said.

"I also don't want you to leave. Leaving won't do anything, you'll just be running your whole life. You need to stay here and fight them," Roman said.

"I'm not in any condition to be fighting anyone," I said.

"Why? Did the pills damage something?", he asked.

"No, I'm um...pregnant," I said, scared of his reaction.

"Did you tell Ben or whoever else you slept with?", Roman asked.

"No, I've been pregnant for a month. At that time I wasn't with Ben and your mother wasn't tricking me out," I said.

"There's no way Katherine, I used a condom everytime we had sex," he said.

"Condoms can break," I said.

"Kathe-

"Just forget about it Roman. I understand you don't want the baby," I said.

This didn't surprise me, I was use to not being wanted so it only makes sense my baby wouldn't be wanted either.

"Th-

"Don't feel bad about it. I can raise the baby by myself, I don't need anyone," I said. I took off the engagement ring he gave me.

"Goodbye Roman," I said as I put the ring in his palm.

I turned around and left out. I had a long journey ahead of myself.