Hearing from God

The reason why God sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us is to be our counsellor and helper in life as well as other things.

John 14:26 says that He will teach us all things and will help us remember things God has taught us. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth so he will lead us in truth and not in lies.
The Holy Spirit shall never lead you astray. 
God speaks to us in many ways like in the Bible (his word), nature, people, peace, different situations in our life, dreams visions.

There is also something else that I learnt that deep down inside there is something called an inner witness, and this is a knowing inside. As well as this He speaks through His word in a still small voice.
Have you ever meet someone who cares about the number of hairs on your head? Exactly none of you can say yes because none is that insanely in love with you. Just like God, He is insanely in love with us. His love will never leave us, because He never changes, there will be hardships but He promises to get us through them.

Even the unbelievers, He blesses them everyday, by giving them life, sending people to tell them His word, so that they can come to know Him and love Him so much.