11

I was in a state between shock and excitement. He's really going to open up and tell me? Is he going to tell me because he trust me or do he just feel bad?

"Do you trust me --" I asked.

"Of course I trust you." He interrupted.

"Or do you just want me to forgive you?"

"I trust you, and I feel bad?" He said, standing up. "Anyways, do you want to know or not?" I nodded. "But before I start, just know that I love you, best friend and will never let anything happen to you." I nodded again. "Okay the note, I think it was from someone working for Charles."

At the mention of that name, I had no clue what to say. To say I was frightened would be a fucking lie. It would be beyond the truth. I stayed frozen in the seat. I didn't really moved until Jackson was beside me and got my attention.

I didn't know how to feel. I did, but I didn't.

"So, the note...what did it say?"

"I don't think you want to know. Hell, I didn't even want to know."

He was right. I didn't want to know. I think I had a guess on what the note says. Well bloody hell, isn't my life terrific?

________________

Jackson

"So, the note...what did it say?" She asked me scared.

"I don't think you want to know. Hell, I didn't even want to know."

And I was being honest. I wished I'd never even read the note. If I didn't read it, then I would not have known what would or possibly could happen. Not that I would let anything happen. But I would be lying to myself if I said that thought never crossed mind.

Looking at her face expression, I could tell it crossed her mind as well. So I wasn't the only one who thought about that.

I felt the need to pull her to me and wrap my arms around her. After I thought about doing it, she stepped to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. And I wrapped mines around hers.

It felt so good. Almost like it was meant to be. But this sort of thing could never happen. Would never work out. We're just best friends. And if she goes down, I go down. Simple.

_______________

Kennedy

I pushed myself from the seat and stepped towards Jackson's direction. I wrapped my arms around his waist, as he did mines.

I didn't want him to see me cry. I hate crying in front of people; it's my number one pet peeve.

I did so because I wanted, I needed, all bad things to go away. As crazy as this may sound, I feel safe with him. I've only just met him, and yet so much has already happened. We became friends and now I feel safe with him.

Life's crazy sometimes. I've always thought I could conquer everything; but I can't. I've always thought I'd have more than one best friend; but I don't. And I always dreamed I'd have my own family. A family that loves me for me. A family who cares enough to try to make me laugh even when I don't want to. A family that makes a scene. My dream family; but now I won't.

I know I'm bound to die sooner or later. I wish it would be later. Although I rather not it happened at all. I was so lost in my thoughts, I almost didn't feel when Jackson landed a kiss on the top of my head and then moved down to my forehead.

And let me tell you, that little kiss had me shaking in my shoes. Not literally, but you get the point. It felt as if I was on cloud nine; at the least. Well, not even that. I would probably say cloud ten. Yeah, I just made it up. Or at least I think I did.

"You'll be fine, best friend." He mumbled in my ear. I sure hope so.