12

Jackson

I was currently sitting on the sofa trying to figure out what to do. Why? Because I got a call; and I don't even recognize the fucking number. I swear to God, if one of Charles boys try something, I'm going to catch a case. If it means keeping Bestfriend safe, I wouldn't mind doing it.

I, personally, think that it's stupid to just take someone, ignoring them when they plead for their lives. If I could help all, I would. Those types of people aggravates me. I want nothing more than for someone to slap some sense into them; knowing damn well that they wasn't raised that way.

"Hughes." Bestfriend called out for me.

I really didn't get why she didn't like her name. Well, her middle name, that is. I thought it was cute, while she thought it was disturbing. It just suits her, I guess. You know? Kennedy Marie Lewis... You see what I'm talking about now?

"Jackson." Kennedy yelled again. Why am I just sitting on the couch although I hear her calling me, you ask? Well, because I simply wanted her to yell in March herself into the living room so that we could talk. I know, I know, I could've just got up. I'm a lazy ass person. Go figure.

"Hughes!" Kennedy yelled, apparently for the last time because as expected, she came in, stomping into the room like there was no tomorrow.

"Yes Bestfriend?" I asked, kind of amused.

"You heard me!" I had to listen closely to that one. Because all I heard was a squeaking sound... An annoying squeaking sound.

"Come," she looked at me. "Sit." I told her as I patted the spot beside me. She gave me a glare as I gave her a cheeky grin.

"Stupid." She mumbled under her breath.

"It's not polite to mumble under you breath, Bestfriend."

"It's not polite to ignore people either," she mocked me.  I sighed. I gently grabbed her wrist and pulled her down next to me.

I let my hand stay around hers. Letting my eyes bore into hers. My Bestfriend was really something if I must say. She had this mixed beauty that no one else in the world could ever master. When I looked into her eyes, I was memorized. They were a light and held happiness. At least they did to me. Averting my eyes, I came in contact with her hair. So soft, yet, such a tease.

"What do you want?" She asked, just a tad bit annoyed. I smirk. Mission accomplished.

"We never finished our get to know each other game." I took my eyes from Kennedy and grabbed the remote to turn the television off.

"What do you want to know?" She asked me as soon as I leaned back on the sofa.

I crossed the hands behind my head and sighed. What did I want to know? Everything. What kind of question was that? Well, I guess it was pretty vague to her.  Uhm, but where do I want to start? "Uhm, how about... I don't know."  And I had no clue. I don't know what to ask. I just know that we didn't finish the game.

"Really?" She replied in a mocking tone. "How do you think we-"

I held out my hand and interrupted her. "Okay, okay!"

"But you said-"

"I'm not playing this game anymore." I said, waving my hands around for emphasis. "Your rude." I looked at her and stuck my tongue out.

_________________________________________

Kennedy

He interrupted me. The nerve of him.

"Okay, okay!" He said.

"But you just said-"

"I'm not playing this game anymore." He said acting like a little kid, waving his hand around, I'm guessing for emphasis. "You're rude." He continued, pouting like the kid that he is and stuck his tongue out at me.

Well, excuse me.

"Real mature." I said, sarcasm laced in my voice.

He locked at me and removed his hand from behind his head. He rubbed both hands over his face and let out a long breath. He took the remote back into his hand and switched the television back on, then a second later, switching it back off. He glanced at me and then started to stare.

I began to feel really self-conscious under the intense gaze he had on me. Although his eyes were very stunning for a boy. Come to think of it, his whole face. It's like a beautiful gift from heaven.

He removed his gaze from me and back towards the television. What had me was that he never even cut the television on again. I started wonder what exactly was it that he was thinking about. Hopefully it wouldnt be a bad thought.

He cleared his throat. "Can I ask you something?" There was nothing more I could do, his eyes were already bored into me. I shifted a little and replied, "yes?"

"Do you miss your old life?" He asked curious.

Me? Miss my old life? That's crazy. It would be normal for someone to miss their old life; but not me. I never said I was normal. I tilted my head to the side and looked at him. "Why are you asking?"

"I was just wondering, that's all." He commented scratching the back of his head. "I wanted to make sure that I didn't deprive you of your home or your happiness and what not." He continued.

For some reason I felt sad. I didn't miss it. "What would you say if i told you that I didn't miss home?" I whispered.

"Uhm, I don't know. I'll probably think you're crazy...somewhat stupid." I sent him a look. "But mainly crazy." He replied, not missing my look. "Because my Bestfriend isn't stupid." He gave me a cheeky smile, while I gave him a sarcastic one. "Anyways, why don't you?"

"I don't know. I just don't. No one was never really there for me when I needed them. My mom hates me for some reason. And I have no one I can confined in. I have no friends; I have acquaintance."

"That's not true! At least the last part. I'm your friend. Best friend. If you wanted to get technical. And I'm here for you; whenever you need me. Fuck them!"

He had me at the last part. I refrained myself from laughing at his antics. Other than that, I guess he was right. And I'm so glad I heard him say it. It touched my heart. He sent me a breathtaking smile and then I was totally paralyzed. He leaned in a little closer to where his breath hovered over my lips. "Kennedy?"

"Yeah?" I asked, still not moving away. I was too caught up in his beauty to even attempt to move an inch away.

He looked at my lips and then back at me. "I'm always here for you." And after that was said, he leaned in full way and pressed his lips against mine. Giving me a mind blowing kiss.