3

The room was an eerily silence for a while. A while of him staring at me and a while of me looking somewhere else.

It was only for so long that I could've kept this little 'play' up. So, I looked up and my gaze with straight towards his beautiful green eyes.

He leaned in and I backed up; just a little, never breaking eye contact. This moment was so weird, so weird that I had to look away.

"Yeah, so, uhm.." Lost. I was totally lost for words. "Go on with the story." I prompted him.

Jackson cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "Charles, bad influence. Doesn't care what anyone says. If he wants something, he gets it; always have. I don't claim him because the things he does is wrong."

"Is that why I'm here?" My throat closed up on me and my breathing was a little uneven. "He wants me?"

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." The way he said it... It held so much promise to it. "I mean it. You can trust me." His voice got incredibly soft at the end. He held his pinky out towards me and said, "pinky promise?"

What was I supposed to do? Wrap my pinky around his? Uhm, no. So I did want I thought was best. I changed the subject. "You look familiar." I said while my right hand went up and my fingers poked at his face.

"I'm sure i do." He replied as he removed my hands from his face.

Just as I was about to ask Jackson another question, the door flew open and in walked a man to be about 6'2. It's something about him that gets my skin crawling.

The room was still dimly lit. I suddenly became very uncomfortable and started shifting my sitting position.

Jackson grab and slid the chains to where we was at very carefully and without sound. He wrap it around my feet like it was the first time. "Hands behind you back." I gave him the look of discomfort and he just blew out a breath of frustration. "Trust me. I know what I'm doing," he whispered. "He won't know that your loose."

I quickly complied to pulling my hands behind my back. The truth? I didn't want him to leave me alone with this Charles dude. For some unknown reason, I trusted Jackson. I felt safe with him.

The footsteps came closer and Jackson hurried away. Why did he have to leave all of a sudden? I thought to myself.

"Hello beautiful." He said as he switched on the lights and sat in a chair in front of me. In return, I said nothing and gave him a look of disgust. However, that resulted in him getting really angry.

What the hell?

He punched me in the face and the back of my head hit the wall behind me. That really hurt. I tried to fight back, yes. To hell with the chains now. He crossed the line. I wanted so badly to put him six feet under, to kick him where it hurts, to lay myself in a ball and cry, but most importantly, for Jackson to hurry and come back.

He held his big hand around my throat and squeezed. I could barely breathe. He squeezed tighter and tighter. When I felt as if my time was up, he let go and pushed me onto the floor.

I landed on my right arm in a painful position. I tried sitting up but failed epically. I needed to cry...I wanted cry. I wanted this pain to go away and stay away.

"How are you doing today?" Charles asked me as if nothing had just happened. I couldn't breathe; I needed air.

"Are why going with this again? Have you not learn your lesson?"

"I need water," I said between coughs, holding my throat. He looked at me like I was joking.

The nerve of him. He got up, "I'll be back," he said with a smirk and walked out.

I needed to get out of here... And fast. I don't know how long I can stay here. The whole time I thought of a plan to escape. So far, nothing. My escapes wouldn't work. The lonely window was small and held prison bars from the top to the window sill.

So, I had nothing so far. And I was getting tired, my brain was hurting and my headache came back. How exciting ?
Lucky me, huh? The only way was to make him think I love him enough so he'll trust me.

Nevermind, I doubt that'll work. As much as I think he's done this before, he wouldn't believe me.

My thoughts were gone as soon as Charles walked back into the room. He handed me the glass of water and said, "drink up! Can I get a smile?" The tone he used on me... I couldn't believe it. How could he expect me to be this enthusiastic when he's holding me hostage?

I took the water giving him a small smile. I hope he didn't think I would give him a big one. I took a big gulp from the glass and sat it down beside me. When I turned back around, Charles was staring at me with intended and amused smile playing at his lips. "How are you feeling?"

I really had no clue what he was talking about. "What are you --" I couldn't finished the sentence I was saying. I started seeing black dots around the room and felt dizzy. I wasn't really thinking when he gave the glass of water.

"I'm sorry," Charles said.

"Charles, stop, --" was the only words I heard as I saw Jackson walking behind him before the black dots took over and I blacked out.