1

There was a loud thunder followed by lightening. The rain banged against the Windows while the wind whistled, creating music of terrors.

I was too scared to leave the old run-down apartment. And on top of that, I was starving. The electricity went out once the thunder demanded all of the energy. There was nothing left to do. Nothing left to eat.

This was the ugliest storm we had ever had in three years. Not to mention much, much worst. I sighed very loudly, grabbed a banana and found my way through the dark halls in my house. Once I got to the very-cushioned sofa, I let my arms drop over the side, with my head leaning back. I had my legs stretched out, letting my legs adjust to the comfort and letting ny toes point north. I peeled back the bright yellow banana peel and devoured it. Slowly at first, just to let let my mouth get the full taste of satisfaction.

I stared at the ceiling, with my carebear blanket pulled up mid-belly. Unfortunately, my thoughts were interfered with by a loud thud that was knocking on the outside door.
"Who would come in this kind of weather?" I muttered yo myself.

Ding, Ding, Ding

I got up from the couch, extremely outraged.

Ding, Ding, Ding

"I'm coming." I yelled angrily, stumbling from across the room. I opened the door. No one was there.
"What the world?" I closed the door. And as soon as I did, there it was again. The insane knocking that was driving me crazy the first time around. I opened it again, and no one was there. I slammed the door hard, causing the surroundings to shake. I twisted the knob, and locked the chains on the door.

As I began to walk back, stumbling away from the door, i thought i heard crying. I looked around. "Hello?" I yelled out, hoping for a response. No answer. As the wind soared louder, the cries got heavier and deeper. Thunder boomed and i saw hands go up.

Was my mind playing a trick on me? Because in the left corner of my apartment, sat a shadowed figure. I knew i shouldn't do it, but i did. Another terrifying, crackling boom. I walked towards the corner, but as i approached, the cries turned into a blood curtily scream, but somewhat a laugh.

What the world? I thought. Is this serious? Was it a joke? Because if it is, I don't get it.

The wind blew harder, the trees crashed against the Windows. Lightning flashes before my eyes. It made no sense, whatsoever. Because once that lightning flashed, i caught a glimpse of the morbid mutilated creature. Without a hesitation, I ran towards the door. I pulled and I pulled, and no luck. The door was jammed. Damn. I looked back. There I was, standing within reach zone, back against the door. "I'm going to die," were the only words I said before I closed my eyes.