18

Kennedy

"This is awesome." I breathed out in between spoon fulls of ice cream.

"Yeah... I know." He replied while he kept eating. I looked at him. He just gets on my nerves so much. More and more each day. But he's Bestfriend. Of course I'm going to put up with him.

"What's that?" I ask, pointing my finger at his phone. He looked down at his flashing phone.

"Nothing." He replied, quickly removing the phone from the booth and into his hand.

No matter what, I couldn't help but stare at him and say, "hmm" almost robotic like. Looking up from his phone, after whatever it was he was doing, he looked at me. Somewhat, for whatever reason, I felt betrayed.

"So...um...what you thinking about?" He asks; mixed emotions shown in his eyes.

"Nothing," I spit out. A little harshly might I add.

"Okay..." He dragged out as he scratched the back of his head. "Are you mad?"

"No. Why would I be mad?" I laughed humorlessly while being sarcastic. "There's no use to being mad because if I recall correctly, you wouldn't hide anything from me, you wouldn't keep me in the dark. You promise that you'll tell me everything from then on. And you don't break your promises to your bestfriends. Or did you forget?"

"Well — I, um — Yeah." He replied slowly. It got quiet between the two of us. Me just angrily looking at him and him just eating the rest of his ice cream to avoid the topic like nothing was happening.

"Jackson! I want to know! You promised." I practically yelled. I know that I was being a little under the age or whatever. But you have better believe that I don't care how old I'm acting at the moment.

"Kennedy, please." Jackson's hand hooked around me wrist as he pulled me to sit right next to him. As soon as he knew I wasn't going to say anything and interrupt, he began speaking. "It's nothing," He lied, I can tell. "If it was anything, I would tell you."

"If it was anything, I know you wouldn't tell me." I mumbled and angrily dug into my now melted ice cream.

He blew out a long frustrated breath as his phone rung. "Kennedy.... Ugh, you're not allowed to get an attitude with your Bestfriend! I'm sorry. But you have to understand that I'm doing this for you."

"If you say so." I finished off my ice cream. "Can we go for burgers and Chinese?" I asked.

"You should learn how to eat more like a lady sometimes. For your benefit. Not mine."

"Nice to know." I got up and rolled my eyes following behind Jackson to the car. I can eat like a fucking dog if I want to. I'm starving."

"I was just saying." He mumbled. "Didn't have to yell." And stomped his foot.

" I sort of feel insulted." I flipped him the bird. Jackson can be such a child sometimes. A big baby.

-----------------

"That's so nasty!" Jackson spit out the smoothie I made. I spent thirty minutes on that thing. Longest thirty minutes of my life. I had to look up the perfect smoothie and then attempted to make it. I mean, I knew it wouldn't be the best smoothie, because I never made any; but damn, he didn't have to give it to me straight.
He could've gave it to me nicely. He didn't have to crush my pride. My dignity.

"No, you got that wrong," Logan disagreed.

"Yeah. See." I smiled, agreeing with Logan for once.

"Its disgusting. It smells the way it taste; like shit." The smile that was just there mere seconds ago vanished and I pouted. Picking up my glass, I lifted the straw to my lips, slurping it.

"Hey! It's not that bad." I retaliated. "It's not that good, but don't be blunt about it. Y'all could've just beat around the bush; it would've been fine with me." I scolded.

"Well I hate beating around the bush, you know? I rather just get straight to the point." Logan replied.

"The both of you just crushing my dreams up. Shut up."

"I don't think that dream was cut for you." You know, Jackson just had to say something. "You should change your line of work." He continued. If anything, I would like to slap him in the back the head. Both of them.

"Yeah, I don't want to be mean about it, but I'm going to have to. You can't cook." Logan said.

"You can't cook." I said while crossing my arms over my chest, childishly.

"I don't need to cook; as long as I can eat it, I'm good." He shrugged off.

"Cooking is for women anyways." Jackson said.

"Says who?" I made a face. The ugliest face I would ever make.

"Please don't make that face again." Logan cringed and covered his eyes. "You can blind somebody with that."

"I said it. It's genetically proven."

"You suck, Jackson."

"Oh, yeah? Well... Ya moms a hoe."