15

Jackson

Did she just dismiss me ? Using her hands? At me? Nah, I don't think so. She knows better.

But I had to admit, that disagreement was a little funny in a way. How can she say she'd rather kill someone? Obviously, it's the same thing. How stupid can she get?

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

"I'm hungry." Kennedy shouted rather loudly from the kitchen.

Once I made my way towards the kitchen, Kennedy was already in the refrigerator.

"Well then, why don't you make yourself comfortable over there?" I said dramatically.

"Don't worry, Hughes. Im getting there." She just pulled off a smirk on me. And I must say, that was a damn good smirk too. Now I'm not gonna brag or anything, but I can do it better. Much, much better than she can. I'm the definition of conceited.

She turned around and gave me puppy dog eyes. Oh my God. She looks so good right now. Wait...what is wrong with me? She's my Bestfriend. But them lips though. Yes. I could kiss those. Not that I haven't already.

I have to admit. That kiss with Kennedy was like the best kiss I had ever had. In my entire life. I don't know. It's just something about her that I like. Maybe it's her sarcastic tone or her good looks. I feel the urge to protect her and hold her. Yeah, I just want to keep her in my arms.

All it took was a clearing of a voice and then I was out of my thoughts. I turned to Kennedy in hopes that she wouldn't have any more stupid shit to say to me.

"What are you doing?" Kennedy suddenly asked me like I was crazy.

"Nothing." I mumbled. "Just thinking about you."

"What about me?" She asked, sitting on top my kitchen counter with a confused look on her face.

"Do you really want to know what I was thinking about, baby?"

"Whatever."  She bit into a slice of pizza. "Wait. Was it good or bad?"

"Want to find out?" I asked.

"Depends. Are you going to say it? No, wait. Is it nice?"

I nodded then I winked and bit my lower lip. I got up and started making my way to her; slowly. Truth? I wanted to  kiss her. What other way was there to do it? But that didn't even cut it. As soon as I got to her and leaned over, that's when my phone started ringing.

"This isn't over, Bestfriend." I whispered and looked at her with my hands leaning on the counter. I backed up and dug into my pants pocket and answered. "What do you want?" I asked, not nicely. She looked at me disapprovingly and I gave a cheeky grin to her.

"Is that the way to talk to you Bestfriend?" Logan asked over the phone.

"Please." I replied. "I speak to you how I want."

"Wow, Jacky. You know, that really hurt." I shrugged it off.

I hated that nickname. Ever since we was small, he would call me that. "Shut up." Logan laughed.

Kennedy glared at me. "That's not nice."
I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Who's that talking?" Logan asked.

I smirked, "My Bestfriend." I heard the phone drop. I wanted to laugh. I totally got him.

"Traitor!" Logan yelled at me through the phone while I laughed. "Who is it?" He demanded.

"Her name's Kennedy." She looked at me and raised a brow.

"Oh, I see. Trading me for a girl." He said.

"Yeah. You jealous?"

"Totally not!" So obvious. "When can I meet her?"

"Never." I answered rather quickly.

"I want to meet her! That's not fair. I coming over."

"No. Don't. Actually, Kennedy and I were in the middle of something. So..." I almost pleaded.

"Okay. I'll be there in 20."

I groaned.

"No, it's fine." I tried to persuade him.

"Tell me, what exactly were you two about to do?" I could tell he had a smirk on his face.

"Seriously?" I looked at Kennedy and she started at me. I wink and blew a kiss In her direction. In return, she gave me a disgusted looked. Ugh, whatever.

"What? I'm your best friend. You have to tell me these things."

"No I don't." I replied.

"Oh so you wouldn't mind if I came over and told Kennedy exactly what you told me just days ago?"

"And what did I say?"

"I don't know. I'll make something up." Hold on. He'll make something up? I looked at the phone that I had in my hand; not at all shocked. Logan would do something like that.

"Whatever, tell her. I don't care." Kennedy raised a brow at me.

"That's rude." I mirrored her look. No surprise that Logan was listening. She kicked me in the leg from her sitting position on the counter, "say sorry."

Logan laughed, "yeah buddy, say sorry."

"Fuck you, Logan." She kicked again.

"You know, it's polite to say sorry. Saying sorry wouldn't---"

I blocked out the rest she said. I walked out. I ended the call. I don't care about saying sorry; Logan knows that.