20

Kennedy

I'm sore all over. It hurts to even move and inch. It hurts to sleep. But that's just sometimes. I guess its just the way i move. And even worse, I now have to pee. God damnit, that will be the last fucking time I go to the gym. That just isn't my thing. Even the sound of it put a foul taste in my mouth.

I made my way out of bed, with a lot of groaning and wincing in pain. Shit, this pain ain't no joke; I'm slowly dying over here. Making my way towards the bathroom, I finished my business and washed my hands.

This pain will just have to be hurting.

Since I really didn't feel like walking down the stairs, I decided to slide down the rail instead. And let me tell you, that was so much fun. I want to do it again...and again. I turned the corner for the living room just to see Logan and Jackson stop talking and looked at me, intensely. Well that wasn't weird at all.

I carefully made my way onto the couch and turned the television on. I don't know if it was just me or the all of us that felt the awkwardness in the room. I shifted and twisted uncomfortably on the couch just to look at them.

"Is something wrong?" I blurted out. What? I couldn't hold it in anymore.
They shook their head in response simultaneously after the shared a look.

" uhm.. No. Nothing's wrong." Jackson said at a fast pace. "It's all good."

"Yeah right." Logan muttered quietly. By the tone of his voice I could tell that whatever it was, it was serious. I looked at him for the longest time until he returned the look with a glare of his own.

Alright then.

-------------

It's been hours, and I can sense that something is wrong. I just wish they would come out and and just tell me. But what again, I might just be reading into it. I might be wrong about the whole thing.

"I'm bored." Jackson whined for the thousandth time.

"Let's go zip lining." Logan suggested and he sat up straighter.

"Yes. I always wanted to do it !" I say excitedly, while Jackson screamed no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson

They have got to be kidding me right now. There no way in hell I'm going zip lining with them. For what? So I can get my ass killed?

Snickering, "well maybe he's scared."

"I can hear y'all, you know." I grumbled. It's not that I'm scared because I ain't. I just don't feel like dying. I'm just not really up for it. You know?

"Or he's just too big. You know, it is just a line." Kennedy replied back to Logan.

I scoffed. "All muscle baby girl." I touched my stomach and winked at her, causing her the gag in response. I scoffed. Yeah right, she wish.

"Take risks." Kennedy replied. "Do something crazy. In case you haven't noticed, this is the year of 2016. In other words, the fuck up year. "

"Perfect ! I got it !" Logan clapped excitedly. "Let's go sky diving."

"Right. How about we jump out of the back of a plane just for the hell of it." I bit back sarcastically. These two.

Logan and Kennedy looked at each other like the two happiest people on the planet. "That's great."

"I was joking guys." I say annoyed.

I swear they crazy.

____________

After what Logan had told me earlier, I couldn't help but be happy. Why ? Because Charles can't hurt Kennedy, he wouldn't be able to come bear her. And if that's not happy news, then I don't know what is. I feel like I could be on cloud nine right now. Maybe cloud ten. That's how excited I am.

When Kennedy walked in while we were talking, I had tried to keep the smile off of my face. I couldn't let her know, but I wanted to. I knew she'd be happy, but that could backfire somehow, I don't know. It's just that she don't have anything to worry about. And if she wasn't thinking about it when she awoke this morning, then I wouldn't want to bring it up. You know?

Call me selfish from keeping it from her. Just know that Logan kept it from her too, I'm not the only one. And if it makes it better, it was for her mostly, not me. I'm a good man over here.

Praise God.

Being bored because Logan and Kennedy left me to do stupid things. I was sitting on the couch watching the basketball game when a knock sounded from the door. I cut the TV off and made my way towards the front door. If the rainbows don't have a pot of gold on the other side, And to my surprise ....