Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the 56th annual Grammy awards!"

A round of applause rippled through the hall. Everywhere, superstars in their glamorous apparel sat and smiled for the cameras. I scanned the crowds around me, grasping Joshua's hand tightly. He furrowed his eyebrows, a confused look on his face.

"Are you all right, Ember? You seem extremely tense." he asked, leaning close to whisper in my ear.

I gave a curt chuckle, turning my head to look at him. He smiled.

"I'm not used to these kinds of crowds. So many people. Oh, why did I agree to come to this?"

Joshua chuckled, leaning forward and pressing a quick kiss on my lips. I smiled as he pulled away, opening my eyes. Up on stage, the host of the Grammy's for this year (Keith Urban) made the annual tonight-is-the-biggest-night-in-music speech and announced all the people who would be preforming. Ariana has been nominated for seventeen awards (SEVENTEEN) and was also asked to preform. She turned down the performance but agreed to come to the event. Cassandra, wherever she is, is most likely watching this right now. She couldn't come due the to fact that she had to visit her family. Being Ariana's first Grammy's (and mine), she gave us both a crash course in how to act. I shoud've payed attention more. 

"Sweetheart, you work for the CIA. You've been all around the world. You've been captured by terrorists. You're still alive to tell the tales. Trust me, you'll do fine."

I shrugged, looking down at where our hands intertwined on the arm rest. He does have a point. I'm over-thinking this way too much. I relaxed back into my seat. 

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry for freaking. I probably crushed your hand and broke about several bones."

Joshua laughed, running his hands through his inky black hair and making him one hundred and ten percent drop dead gorgeous. Thank God I'm sitting down. I relaxed again, facing the stage and trying to pay attention to the show. How many chances am I going to get to attend the Grammy's? This is a once in a life time experience. I'm gonna enjoy it! Or, try to enjoy it. 

About an hour into the show, I really had to go pee. I stood up, earning a confused look from Joshua and Ariana plus angry glares from the people who were trying to watch behind me. I gave them a glare of my own. They didn't even look up from their laps. I softened my gaze and leaned over to whisper to Joshua.

"I gotta go pee. Really bad. Be right back."

I started to walk away, but Joshua caught my arm. He stood up, straightening his tuxedo. Ariana stood as well, still confused about the situation. More angry glares and muttered curses.

"Do you really think I'm going to let my lovely girlfriend go waltzing around, on her own, in an unfamiliar building?"

Joshua raised an eyebrow and gave me a mock look. I laughed, rolling my eyes. Ariana stood behind Joshua now, crossing her arms over her chest. I waved to her. 

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Bathroom. You need to go? Joshua's pulling the gentleman card on me." I said, skirting around Joshua and looping arms with Ariana.

She nodded. Joshua rolled his eyes at me. Oh, Joshua. Ariana and I started walking away, but he followed. I let him come along. It's best to let him get it out of his system, right? We walked out of the concert hall and down hallway after hallway. Employees scurried around, attending to the exclusive event and it's patrons. I turned down a hallway that emptied into what looked like the basement. Ariana stopped short.