Chapter Twenty-Two

I just wanted to write smut, don't judge me.

-

When Calum awoke, his head was all fuzzy. He doesn't remember what events took place. It literally felt like he'd closed his eyes for five seconds, and opened them again. So he was confused to the fact; on why he was on his bed, and how he got there.

He tried sitting up, but groaned with pain, as pain shot through his neck. But suddenly the door burst open, and Luke was right by his side. "Oh my god, it worked, you're alive." He rambled, peppering kisses around Calum's face. 

"Of course I'm alive." Calum giggled, as the blond pecked his lips, over and over again. "You don't..remember?" Luke said slowly. "Remember what?" The brown eyed boy tilted his head to the side questioningly. "Nothing baby boy." Luke rushed out, pressing his lips to Calum's once more. 

"No, tell me." The boy said firmly, crossing his arms. "You.." Luke trailed off. "You got attacked by an animal. You were in hospital for a few days, they let us take you back." 

"Wait, what?" Calum said with widened eyes. "Yeah..A wild dog attacked you, bit your neck." Luke fumbled with his fingers, looking at the ground. "Woah..why can't I remember anything?" Calum asked, touching his neck gingerly. "Don't touch your neck." The blond said firmly, taking the small boy's hand. 

"You hit your head pretty hard off of the pavement when the dog jumped up at you. It knocked you right off your feet baby." Luke said softly, rubbing his thumb over Calum's knuckles. "I, I don't believe it." Calum shook his head. "I'm usually great with dogs, I love them, and they usually love me."

"Yes I know princess..but that's what happened." Luke swallowed harshly, he hated lying to him, but it was for Calum's own safety. "Alright." Calum sighed, laying back down. "My throats really dry, can you get me a glass of water please?" 

"Of course princess." Luke whispered, kissing Calum on the forehead, before exiting out his room. He sighed as he made his way towards the living-room. The blond felt so bad for lying, but he didn't want to tell Calum what decision he made. 

But think about it; what would you do if you had control over someone's life? You wouldn't know what the person would want for themselves, unless they outright told you. In Luke's case, he didn't know what Calum wanted at all. He had to make a quick decision, or the boy would've died, he doesn't want that. 

Luke would never change Calum, never. It's a curse to become a vampire. People hunt you, people try to catch you, you have to be alert at all times. It may seem fun 'n' all, but it's really not. It's painful to transition into his kind, sometimes they don't make it through. That's what worried Luke, if Calum transitioned into becoming one of them. The boy might of not made it, and that terrify's the blond. 

As he walked into the living-room, all eyes turned on him. "Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Michael questioned, standing up, and getting into Luke's face. His green eyes, now a dark black, glared practically through his empty soul. 

"It was to protect-" "Don't give me all that protection crap, he deserves to know that he's going to fucking die in four years time!" Michael yelled. "You should've never spoke to him, he wouldn't be like this if it weren't for you. You knew that talking to Calum would put him in danger, but you still fucking did it Luke!" Michael was now crying, well without the tears. 

"Well I'm fucking sorry that I went after the one person who made me feel again." Luke sneered, and everyone went silent. 

Until someone broke it.

"Y-You lied."

Everyone's eyes turned to Calum, who stood in the hallway. "Y-You lied to me Luke, why?" Calum sniffed, wiping some tears that fell down his cheeks. "Baby-" "No, d-don't give me the protection crap." The boy glared, reciting what Michael had said before.