Chapter Twenty-One

*whispers* Pilots

-

Everything flashed white, but not only for Calum. A loud ringing echoed through everyone's ears. More painful for the vampires, since they have enhanced hearing. Luke curled up into a ball in pain, as did the rest of them in the cage. 

The pain was excruciating for the only human in the room. Not only did he had cuts, bruises, and rope burns all around his body. His neck was throbbing, his veins felt like they were on fire, he just wanted put out of his misery, and die. 

All Calum could hear were the cries of pain coming from every direction. He felt Troye be pulled away from him, and he heard the sound of cracking bones. The boy desperately wanted to cover his ears with his hands, to block out the sounds of Troye being crushed, to block out the sounds of the whimpers from Luke, and the rest.

Then suddenly, everything went black, but only for Calum.

-

A man was sat next to a tombstone on a hill, the wind blowing his cloak in all directions. The weather was dull, matching his mood, and his soul. He silently cried, even though no tears could come out, even though he thought he had no emotions. 

He thought he loved Luke, but looking at Zayn's tombstone, he doesn't think so any-more. The man he ran away to be with, to love, to start a new life. Now, six feet under the ground. It made him feel pain, a feeling he hasn't felt since he was human.

So the boy with porcelain skin, took out a wooden stake from beneath his cloak. He untied the black material, and let it fly off in the wind. Taking one last look at the tombstone, that only had ZAYN engraved on it, he drove the stake through his chest.

A man was laying next to a tombstone on a hill, the wind blowing his decaying body in all directions. 

-

"Louis? What should I make for dinner?"

"No need Harry. Already made some chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma-ham with a side of home-made mash."

"I love you Louis."

"I love you too Hazza."

-

"Calum." Luke gasped, as whatever force had hit the cage, made it collapse. He ran over to the boy still tied up in the chair, who wasn't moving. "Shit." He gulped, ripping the ropes off of his baby's body. 

He repeatedly mumbled 'No. No. No. No.' as he tried to get Calum to wake up, but the latter was unresponsive. "Uh Luke?" Jack said, tapping his shoulder. "Jack go away. Can't you see I'm trying to get Calum to wake up? Cal.." Luke trailed off, his lip trembling. 

"Mum?" 

That made Luke snap his head up. He was met with a sight that shocked him entirely. There, in front of him, was his mum, hugging Jack. "W-What?" He stuttered, giving Calum to Michael, for the him to hold. "You're supposed to be dead." The blond said bluntly. 

"Yes, I know." Liz mumbled, playing about with her fingers. "It's a long story, let's get you all back to Calum's apartment. Then we can talk."

-

"Talk." Luke said, after they'd placed Calum in bed, in hopes he'd wake up soon. They could still hear his heartbeat, so the boy wasn't dead. Liz sighed, sitting down on the couch, crossing her legs.

"My mother was a witch. I always thought she was playing pretend, to give me entertainment. In my day, there wasn't much you could entertain yourself with. So me and my mother relied on our imaginations to run wild. 

I found out I had inherited some of my mothers powers at thirteen. I was getting frustrated that I could pick up a hay-bale at the farm. So I imagined in my head that; what if I could move it without touching it? I tried it, and I was shocked to see it had worked. I told my mother what had happened, I was hysterical, thinking I was some sort of freak." Liz chuckled. 

"Any-way. So I lived on with it, your father didn't know about this. But soon enough, probably after a year you went missing, the townsfolk got suspicious of all the women in the town. So they created multiple tests to see if they were guilty or not.

One of the tests were the touch test, the touch test worked on the idea that victims of sorcery would have a special reaction to physical contact with their evildoer. In cases where a possessed person fell into spells or fits, the suspected witch would be brought into the room and asked to a lay a hand on them. A non-reaction signalled innocence, but if the victim came out of their fit, it was seen as proof that the suspect had placed them under a spell.

But that was just one of them. I got the swimming test, accused witches were dragged to the nearest body of water, stripped to their undergarments, bound and then tossed in to to see if they would sink or float. Since witches were believed to have spurned the sacrament of baptism, it was thought that the water would reject their body and prevent them from submerging.

I, well, I floated. So they took me out, tied a noose around my neck, and hung me." Liz finished with a sigh. 

"I'm so sorry mum." Luke said with wide eyes, as he sat down beside her, and brought her into a big hug. "I missed you so much." He mumbled into her shoulder. "Me too Luke, me too." She smiled into the crook of his neck. She missed her son. 

"Fuck." Ashton said, suddenly standing up from the couch. "What?" Everyone questioned. "Calum's.. heartbeat..I can't hear it." He said with wide eyes, and everybody ran to Calum's room to see his body jolting up and down in his sleep. "Didn't Troye bite Calum?" Michael asked worriedly. He didn't want his friend becoming one of them.

"Shit, yeah he did." Jack said in disbelief, watching Calum's body spasm. "We have to do something, fuck, is there anything we can do." Luke swore. "Is there anything we can do to make sure he lives, without him turning?" 

"There is a way." Liz interrupted, staring at the boy on the bed. "But it does come with some costs." 

"What do you mean some costs?" Luke said hurriedly. "I can heal him, get all the venom out his system, so he won't turn. But there's a catch, the antidote I'll have to use, it means that once I heal him, he'll only have four years to live."

Everybody's heads turned to Luke, who was staring down at Calum again. The blond didn't know what to do, Calum would die either way. He didn't know what to do.

"You do what feels right Luke." Jack said softly. "You do what you think Calum would want."

"I-" Luke started, but then sighed. "Give him the antidote." 

A/N: What do you guys think?