Chapter Eleven

After Luke had dropped off Calum home.

-

The blond quickly ran back to the alley-way where Ashton was sat up against the wall breathing heavily. "Idiot, you should've taken the stake out as soon as you could." Luke shook his head pulling the wooden stake out of Ashton's stomach. "I guess I could've, but I was too busy trying to protect Michael." The honey blond haired man chuckled watching as Luke bit his wrist and put it up to his mouth.

"Just drink it asshole. I don't want you to die on me yet." He chuckled as Ashton greedily fed off of him and his wounds slowly healing. "Can asshole be our always." The wounded sighed smiling widely at the tall blond. "No." Luke chuckled helping Ashton stand up.

"Who attacked you then?" He asked the honey blond as they started walking at normal pace. "Or what attacked you." The blond hastily added. Ashton sighed and stopped walking, making Luke stop as well. "He's back." He said biting his lip waiting for Luke's reaction. "Who?" The latter furrowed his eyebrows staring at the cracked pavement underneath his feet.

"You know who." Ashton raised an eyebrow. He'd hate to bring back old memories, but his friend has to know. Luke suddenly knew who his friend was talking about, someone who I thought was dead. 

"A-Are you being serious? Tell me you're just kidding Ash." He said biting his nails and chanting 'no, no, no.' inside his head. "Luke, I'm being serious. I wish I wasn't though." Ashton sighed.

"Fuck." Luke said turning around and punching the brick wall beside him, causing the whole wall to fall down. "You idiot." Ashton growled. "C'mon lets get out of here before the police come." He said pulling the blond away just as the alarms sounded for whatever building Luke had punched.

- Present Time -

Calum awoke fully clothed on his bed, not under the covers. He was confused to say the least. How did he end up here? All he remembers is hanging out with Luke and that's it. Maybe he fell asleep in the car on the way home and Luke carried him up here. That's the best explanation he can think of.

The boy stretched and cracked all his limbs. Something Michael hated that Calum did. Now thinking of his now blue haired friend, he still hasn't returned. That worried the fluffy haired boy onto no end, what on earth happened to make Michael disappear. A simple phone call would put Calum's mind at rest. Also he really needs a friend at this time, just a few days ago he was arrested for suspicion of murder. 

Luckily he's out now and doesn't have to worry. Well that's what Luke told him, so he's going to take the blond's word for it. Calum walked to his wardrobe and picked out black skinny jeans and a red sweater. Quickly taking off his crumpled clothes and putting on fresh ones. 

"God darn that window will be the death of me." Calum glared at the window which was once again open. Slamming it shut, he grumbled about money and wishing he had more of it. His feet slapped against the cold hardwood floor as he went to go pour a bowl of cheerios and switched on the television. 

The reporter was currently talking about some teachers going on strike and how they want more pay for what they do. Calum just chomped on his cereal and scratched his leg. But something caught his attention on the news. 

"Some news just in. One of Dave's Tattoo Parlour's walls was supposedly knocked down by a man with super powers? Gary McLean has more on the scene, so Gary, can you tell us what happened?"

"Yes Sally. So here I have with me one of the witness of the supposed superman in action. Can you tell us what you saw?" Gary held their microphone in front of the witness waiting for them to speak.

"Er yes. So I was walking home from the night-shift and two men came out an alley-way across the street. The alley-way next to the tattoo parlour. I thought they looked a little shady so I stopped and hid in the shadows to see if they were up to no good. So they were conferring with each other and suddenly one of the men turned around and punched the brick wall, and there was a gaping hole in it before it all fell down." They finished with a breath.

"Do you have any descriptions of the men?" The reporter asked before holding the microphone back in front of the witness. 

"I have a photo but their faces are a bit blurry. Hold on." They said taking out their phone and opening their pictures. "Here." They handed their phone to the reporter who held it towards the camera. 

"As you can see one of the men has their hood up. But you can clearly see the other has a blond quiff on him. Call us at xx-xxxx-xxxx if there's any sightings of them." The reporter finished off and the screen changed back into the studio. 

Calum's mouth agape and pieces of cheerios fell back into his bowl. He recognises that quiff from anywhere. That was definitely Luke. 

-

Luke and Ashton had just finished watching the same report as Calum was. The blond had his head in his hands as his friend watched pitifully. Luke's phone started ringing bringing there attention over to that.

"Calum." Luke sighed tossing his phone onto the couch across from him and letting it go to voice-mail. "He must've seen the news." He groaned burying his face into a pillow.

"At least our faces weren't shown. All you need to do is change your hairstyle, it won't be as noticeable. Loads of people have the same hair colour as you, just have a fringe. It'd look nice." Ashton shrugged as if it was as easy as that.

"I guess so. But this is bad, we have to be more careful." Luke said staring at his beeping phone that was getting multiple messages. Probably from Calum.

"You mean you need to be more careful. You were the one that punched a brick wall last night." The honey blond haired man smiled smugly.

"I'm not just talking about that. He's back and we need to be more careful. I don't want to put Calum in danger." He sighed with an image of Calum dead in his head. The blond shook his head to get rid of the image before looking back at Ashton. "Where is Michael? Is he okay?"

"He's fine..." He trailed off. "He's still a bit shaken up though from the basement incident." Ashton replied leaning back on the chair. "Still isn't talking to me, but I know he will soon."

"It's your fault he isn't talking to you." Luke chuckled grabbing a handful of peanuts and stuffing them into his mouth. 

"Hey! It's not my fault, he asked me to." Ashton defended crossing his arms.

"Doesn't mean you should've done it." The blond stuck his tongue out at his friend like the mature person he is. "Ew don't do that. I can see the food in your mouth." Ashton fake gagged before turning the channel over to some documentary about turtles. 

-

Calum had been now gone for about half an hour, he was sure that the boy wouldn't be back for at least another twenty minutes. So he took his chance and entered through the window. Walking across the hardwood floor to the kitchen, he brought out a small glass bottle filled with the liquid he was going to use on the boy. 

Opening the fridge and grabbing the bottle of water that was in there. He opened the cap and put in a drop of the liquid. Closing the bottle again and putting it back in the fridge he smiled. 

He was slowly going to kill Calum bit by bit. 

-

A/N: Sorry this chapter was really bad :/