Chapter Two

Calum stepped outside his apartment block letting the cold crisp air blow onto his face. He inhaled deeply feeling his lungs fill with the nice, clean, cold air. It had snowed over night making Calum tidy up his room quickly, just so he could go outside and enjoy himself. 

Snow crunched under his vans, leaving his footprints behind him. He didn't enjoy leaving footprints, he felt as if he was ruining the most beautiful thing ever. But then again, snow does eventually get muddy and dogs pee on it. He may love dogs, but he hated when the perfect snow got a dye job without it's consent. 

The boy looked ahead at where the boy Niall had been murdered. People had set up a forensics tent, and people in white suits, masks, boots, and gloves were entering and exiting it. A group of nosy neighbours were standing beside the taped off bit, trying to lean over as much as they could to see what was going on.

A group of kids were hanging around as well, wanting the gossip to tell at school. Calum shook his head as he passed, he thought it was horrible what they were doing. He could see in clear sight Niall's boyfriend standing outside the forensics tent holding in his sobs. His body shaking as many people passed him, not even bothering to ask if he was okay.

Calum didn't want to get involved with anything, so he walked passed, his heart breaking at the sobs that left Niall's boyfriend's lips. He didn't personally know Niall or his boyfriend, but he hated to ignore someone who was definitely in need of comforting. 

 But saying again, he didn't want to interfere with them so he continued to walk. Calum loved walking, he could think clearly with the birds chirping early in the morning. The sun slowly rising, giving little sun-rays of warmth through the coldness. 

It was peaceful, not many people were out this early on a Monday morning. Most kids were at school unless they were skipping, and most adults at work. Calum didn't have any classes on Monday's, so he liked to have a walk to clear his mind. Then usually after if he was in the mood, he'd have a clear mind to do his studies. 

The clean air and the beautiful surroundings this town had, beat the horrible neighbourhood he and Michael lived in. He loved the fact that the air wasn't polluted much with the burning fossil fuels in cars, of course it was there, but it was much better than the big cities. 

What was sad is that the neighbourhood Calum lived in, was the only bad neighbourhood in a thirty mile radius. The boy hated the fact that he was judged on where he lived, people liked him until he said 'Oh yeah, I live in those apartment blocks on the East end.' Then suddenly you're seen as a bad person. 

There may have been a lot of crimes committed there, yes maybe there are some mentally insane people living in the area. But not all humans are the same, look at Niall for example, he was kind and caring lad. He was bubbly and outgoing, never committed a crime in his life

But Calum doesn't want to think of this right now, nope. He doesn't want to think about the troubles in the world, he doesn't want to think of the starving children right now, he doesn't want to think what a disaster is would be if Donald Trump became president. Nope, Calum want's his Calum time to relax and clear his mind. 

Calum opened the  tall iron picket gate to the park in the centre of town, and entering the quiet place. He walked carefully, looking out for any ice that he could slip on and fall onto his butt. There was the gift sent from hell called black ice, the invisible ice that was hard to see. Knowing Calum's luck he'll trip and go flying.

This time luck was on his side and he successfully made it to the benches that were placed around the fountain the the middle. The fountain was frozen, causing the water that would usually fly out the middle to stay frozen in place. Calum thought it was beautiful, the water that froze made elegant curves staying in place.