Chapter Fourteen

The real chapter this time, sorry xD

-

"Luke you're being creepy, let's go." Ashton groaned as they watched Calum from afar. "I have to make sure he's alright. I can't check up on him now that he needs space." Luke mumbled.

"Exactly, he wants space. You're not giving it to him right now." The curly haired man rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms. "Yes I am! It's not as if I'm going right up in his face and yelling 'HELLO'." Luke chuckled. 

Ashton just shook his head with a small smile on his face. "Anyway's, do you think he'll tell anybody?" 

"I don't think he will. But if he does, people will think he's crazy." The blond shrugged, continuing to stare fondly at the boy who was swimming at the beach with his best friend Troye. "This feels weird, I feel like I'm perving on them both. Like we're literally sitting in a car with binoculars."

"Shut up Ashton, they're getting out the water now." Luke shushed the man. "Heard from Michael yet?" He then asked breaking the silence. "Nope, nothing. Before he disappeared he kept on flinching whenever I touched him. Do you think I was a little too rough when we...you know." Ashton blushed. 

"That's strange. Did you tell him about us being..dead?" Luke asked putting on a hat and sunglasses, as Calum and Troye passed their car. "Of course not, I didn't want to scare him away. Even though he has this weird obsession with them. Have you seen his bookshelf? Filled with books of facts about us." 

"Do you think he knows already?" The blond asked turning to look at Ashton, as Troye's car pulled out the parking lot. "I'm sure he would've asked me, unless he was afraid. That would explain the flinching." Ashton hummed. "God dammit, why do relationships have to be so hard like my dick."

"Please stop." Luke chuckled. "Are you two even in a relationship anyway? If you are you didn't say anything." "I kind of just assumed we were." Ashton said with pink cheeks. "Doesn't it mean two people are together when they have sex?" 

"Ashton.." Luke trailed off looking at the man with sympathy. "Oh right..I forgot that now-a-days some people just have sex for the heck of it." He sighed as Luke continued to look at him sadly. "Hey, let's not get down about it, lets go have some fun." Luke smiled widely as he reversed the car out. 

"Like what." Ashton grumbled not really in the mood now. "Why don't we go to that 80's restaurant place down by the Italian place Calum works at. I heard they make great fruit smoothies." 

"They better be great or I swear I'll tell them exactly what I think of them. Because I'm really not in the mood."

-

"Can I have another one?"

"If you have the money for it."

"Hey! You're supposed to be helping me to get into high spirits. So pay up."

Luke sighed calling over the waiter, and ordering Ashton another mango smoothie. "I can tell you're going to be more hyper than usual tonight." He groaned as Ashton giddily drank up the smoothie placed in front of him. "Stop being the storm cloud on my sunny day." The curly haired man placed his hand over the blond's mouth, making the latter glare at him. "I'm regretting spending my money on you."

"You love me- OH THERE'S CALUM. CALUM!" Ashton said jumping out his seat and running towards the boy. He engulfed him in a hug almost knocking him over. "Come sit with us. You really need to try their mango smoothies, they're the best thing ever invented I swear." He said pulling the boy towards Luke's table. Ignoring Luke waving his hands and mouthing 'No'. 

"Now you sit here with Luke, I'll go buy you a smoothie." Ashton said, sending Luke a smirk before walking to the lady at the front. 

"Hey Calum." Luke said quietly. He wasn't sure whether to give the boy a hug, or stay where he was, not wanting to go over Calum's boundaries. "Hey Luke." Calum smiled a little. It had been two weeks since Luke had told the boy his biggest secret ever. The blond didn't know if Calum had thought about it, and what Calum was thinking at this moment. 

"So." Luke said dragging out the 'o'. "It's been awhile." He said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "Okay, let's not be awkward. That'll make me awkward, then we'll have a really awkward conversation. If we have an awkward conversation, that means we'll end up not talking for another two weeks or so. So let's not." 

Luke blinked. 

"Okay."

The waiter brought a mango smoothie for Calum, and a banana one for Luke. Ashton had disappeared to god knows where. 

"I had a little think about what you told me." Calum said playing with his straw. "I'm still kind of shocked and freaked out. It's not everyday someone tell's you..something like that." He said looking around. "To be honest, I really like you Luke. I think what's holding me back is..fear."

"You don't need to be afraid of me Calum." Luke said softly taking the boy's warm tan hand into his own cold pale one. "I'd never hurt you, ever."

"But your being drink blood to live. How do I know that you aren't just going to be so hungry one day you'll attack me, and drain me." Calum looked up with big eyes. "I don't want to die." He said, his eyes starting to water a little. 

"Puppy don't cry, please." Luke said kissing the boy's knuckles. "It makes me want to cry even though I can't."

"I can't help it. Am I in danger for knowing you? Are other people like you going to hunt me down? I don't even know any-more." Calum said with tears running down his cute chubby cheeks. 

"Shush now Pup." Luke said standing up and sitting beside Calum. He wrapped his arms around the boy who sniffled. Fortunately the lady was kind enough to go into the back to give them some privacy. "We're going to be okay, you're going to be okay."

"Promise?" Calum said looking up and wiping his eyes.

"Promise." Luke smiled, kissing Calum's forehead.

The boy with the porcelain skin watched from a distance. 

A/N: I hope this chapter was okay.

Also I have a new story called 'The Prostitutes bench.'