Chapter Thirteen

-

A knock on the door broke Calum from his thoughts whilst he was stirring noodles. He quickly turned the heat off the stove, and ran his fingers through his hair to make him look semi-presentable.

Quickly making his way down the corridor, he unlocked the door and opened to be met by a blond haired man he didn't know. Oh wait he does know him.

"Luke?" Calum frowned looking him up and down. "How did you grow a beard in the course of three days? Why's your hair flat? Wait, why am I asking this. Why the fuck did you ignore me for three days?"

The blond man sighed rubbing his face with his hands. "Can we talk inside? I don't exactly want to discuss this where people can hear." He said now stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Why should I let you in? You ignore me for three days with no contact what-so-ever. I was so worried you don't even know." He pouted angrily. "

"You were worried about me?" Luke smirked at Calum. "Of course! You're my friend aren't you?" The boy shook his head with furrowed eyebrows. "Anyway, come in I guess." He huffed.

He let Luke inside, who went straight into the living-room and made himself comfy on the sofa.

"Just make yourself comfy then." The boy rolled his eyes, sitting on the sofa across from the blond who was staring Calum down. The latter squirmed awkwardly under his gaze. "So are you going to explain yourself?"

Luke inhaled deeply before beginning to speak. "Okay to the two boys you saw on the news, yes that was me and Ashton-"

"What the hell? How on earth did you break that wall down? You didn't do a Miley Cyrus and came in on a wrecking ball?" Calum asked in horror.

"No! Let me finish Calum." Luke groaned. "Okay you have to promise you'll believe me, and promise you won't freak out." He said cautiously.

"Oh my god, okay I don't know if I can promise but I can promise that if I do freak out, you'll need to give me a week or two." Calum said taking a deep breath readying himself for whatever Luke was going to tell him.

"Okay.." Luke trailed off before continuing. "I'm a, I'm dead."

Calum stared at him as if he'd grown another head. "What."

"I'm dead, people call us vampires, but I'm dead." Luke shrugged biting his lip, waiting for Calum's reaction.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." Calum laughed loudly. "Michael put you up to this didn't he? Who are you, Lucifer the vampire? HAHAHAHAHA." He slapped his knee in laughter, whilst Luke looked at him a little amused by how the boy was acting.

"I'm being serious Calum." Luke said, and Calum stopped laughing. "You can stop saying you're dead now." He said chuckling a little. The boy got up to get his probably now cold noodles from the stove.

But suddenly Luke had him pinned against the wall in the speed of light away, the blond's hand behind his head so it wouldn't bang against it. His eyes were blown wide as the man in front of him stared down at him.

"Do you believe me now Calum?" Luke breathed, slowly rubbing his thumb across the boy's cheek.

"I-I." Calum stuttered, still shocked from how quickly the blond got him pinned against the wall. "Do you need more proof?" Luke said starting to press kisses against the boy's neck, who couldn't help but let a groan escape his mouth. "What do I need to do or show you to make you believe me Cally?"

Calum couldn't take it any-more, with Luke's teasing kisses, and the way the blond was speaking was turning him on so so much. He grabbed the blond's cheeks and pressed his lips against Luke's. The latter firmly placed his hands on Calum's hips pulling him closer, as their lips moved against each others.

But the boy frowned as he felt something sharp pierce his lip. He pulled away from the blond and his eyes widened as the sight he saw. Luke's eyes were red, and his veins were prominent around his eyes.

"What the fuck?" Calum said in horror as he put his hand over his mouth, pulling it back and seeing his lip was bleeding.

"Calum, don't freak out please." Luke pleaded as Calum ducked under his arm and walking into the kitchen chewing at his thumbnail. "Cally please." Luke whispered wrapping his arms around the boy who tensed at his touch.

"I just, did you kill all those people in the basement?" Calum asked turning around and pushing Luke away with his hands.

"What people in the basement?" Luke asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"You don't know? How did you bail me out of jail then? That's why I was in there...they thought I did it."

"Did what Calum?"

"They thought I killed the bodies they found in the basement, Michael brought me down there to show me." He frowned. "Then he disappeared for a couple of days, then came back for a short return."

"I didn't know there was bodies in the basement. I didn't check why you were in jail, I just wanted you out of there in one piece." Luke mumbled.

"Luke I think you should leave." Calum said, making Luke snap his eyes up to stare into Calum's brown ones.

"Wait Calum please, I'd never hurt you. You know that." Luke rambled grabbing the boy's hands making the latter wince. "Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I know Luke, I just need time...to process all this. It's not everyday someone comes up to you and admits that they're dead. Or that they drink blood to live." Calum bit his lip looking down at his shoes.

Luke brought his finger up to Calum's lip, and pulled it down to release it from his teeth. "Don't bite your lip or I'll bite it for you." He mumbled smiling a little before walking out the kitchen. Calum heard the door slam, and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He pinched his arm to see if he was dreaming. He wasn't.

Part of him wished he was dreaming, but a little part of him was glad he wasn't.

A/N: My writing has been so bad lately.

I have a new book called In The Meadow, go check that out if you would like.