Chapter Eight

The two best friends sat in their living-room eating pizza, and watching Top Gear. Well Michael was really the one watching Top Gear, Calum was just staring off into space chewing absent-mindedly at his pizza. Calum had been stuck in the house all day alone, the weather had been too bad to go for a walk and his galaxy haired friend was at work the whole day. 

He had tried messaging Luke, but the boy never got a reply from the blue eyed boy. Calum shouldn't be surprised though, people actually do have lives to live. As you know, the small boy doesn't have any other friends besides Michael and Troye. Troye was probably stalking that poor Conner guy and if Michael wasn't working, he'd be with Ashton. 

A storm was currently going on outside, the trees waving about violently and Calum could see that one of the poles that was holding up the abandoned forensics tent had fallen. Now that he thinks about it, no new information had came in about Niall. Maybe Niall's family wanted everything to be private, the boy was sure his family would do the same. Who want's to see their dead family member on television screens and on headlines of news papers. 

"Have you heard anything about the investigation on Niall?" Calum asked his friend breaking the silence between them both.

"Not too much, but a couple of been arrested down the street for growing marijuana. Also apparently Niall's boyfriend, I think his name is Zayn, has gone 'coo-coo'." Michael said making quotations at coo-coo. 

"Who wouldn't? Finding your boyfriend dead in the street wouldn't make you sane." Calum retorted taking a bite out his pizza.

"True, Niall's death intrigues me though." The galaxy haired lad crossed his arms looking out the window.

"In what way?" Calum asked watching the television lose signal and the annoying static sound sounded. 

"Just the way he died, It was as if he had no blood in him at all. They also found no marks on him or anything. No stab marks, no gun wounds." Michael told Calum. 

Calum watched Michael from the sofa he sat on. His friends face illuminated by the glare of the television. 

"How do you know all this?" He asked with interest. 

"I-um, I found out by someone." Michael bit his lip shuffling around on the sofa and that's when the power cut out.

"Fuck." Michael groaned getting up off the sofa only to bump into the coffee table and he let out a string of curse words. Walking into the kitchen, Michael chose the cupboard he assumed was where they kept their torches. Luckily for him it was the right cupboard, and he didn't end up stabbing himself with a knife by accident. 

The galaxy haired boy turned on both the torches and gave one to Calum. Both boys weren't scared of the dark, but they could hear the blood pumping in their ears and their hearts beat at one hundred miles per hour. There was an unsettling feeling, maybe it was because they could see their neighbours still had power. 

Michael looked at Calum questioningly, as if the latter would know why their power cut out. The fluffy haired boy shrugged and his friend sighed walking down the hallway. He unlocked the front door and stepped outside.

"It seems everyone has their power. We did pay our rent right?" Michael frowned looking back at Calum.

"Yeah, I gave it to the landlord last week. Go check the fuse box, maybe someone accidentally knocked it." The small boy suggested rubbing his arms from the draft coming in through the door. 

"How could someone knock it? It's in the basement." Michael raised an eyebrow.

"They could've been putting storage or something down there. Oh, and of course the kids sometimes muck about down there." Calum pointed out.