"Paint & Panic"

Troyes POV

When I woke up the next morning, Lilly was still asleep. I pulled on a pair of jeans and grabbed an apple to eat on the go. Once a week I wandered out to kill off any zombies that may have come around over the the week. It was really nice to know you could wander around without having as much of a chance of dying. I grabbed some weapons, my machete (my favourite weapon out of all the ones I had) and a gun just for back up. I skipped down the stairs to leave, slightly excited for the hunt. Because I did this once a week I wouldn't need to worry about killing many on other days, so Saturday was always filled with fun. Sure, there was the odd creeper, like the one last night on the way home, but that had to be expected.

I sneaked up behind one who was standing with its back to the hospital. I easily sunk my knife into its throat, and let it fall to the ground. I continued on like this, not much different from other weeks. There were a few extra numbers, but I assumed that was because of Zoe and Alfie's group moving into town. Every time you moved it was guaranteed to have at least a few tag alongs.

Nothing really went on until I passed an old road sign. New colours on it caught my eye, causing me to backup and investigate. "This is Miniskirts property. KEEP OFF!" Was written on the sign in bright paint, bold letters standing out. I instantly thought of the boys from last night and rolled my eyes, walking over to kick down the sign. The post was conveniently rotten.

"No miniskirt today, Miniskirt?" I heard an all too familiar voice speak up behind me.

I sighed, turning around to face the green eyed boy from last night. "Clearly."

"Why not?" he hummed, walking closer to me. I placed my hand over my knifes handle. I may be small, but no one is touching me, that's for sure.

"I was working."

"Doing what?"

"None of your business."

"Was it really that secret, Miniskirt?"

"I was clearing out the streets. Why do you care anyways?" I huffed, getting fed up with the questions.

"Well, Miniskirt. As you could tell, I was just stopping by to put up the sign that you just kicked down, just to make sure no other innocent bystanders got attacked by a boy in a miniskirt with a gun. Because that is just purely terrifying."

"Ohmygod I didn't attack you."

"I was at gunpoint!"

"You were in front of me!"

"You were the on-"

"Don't. Move." I interrupted the green eyed boy as I noticed a zombie crawling towards him.

"Excuse me, Miniskirt?"

"For goodness sake, shut up and don't move unless if you want to be stabbed."

"Are you th-"

I jumped past the boy to tackle the zombie, ignoring the fact that he was still making noise and causing the zombie to be more angry. Turns out it was a strong one. As I swiped my knife towards it, it raised its arm. Aaaaand there went my machete. Within seconds the bugger had me on the ground, and was climbing its way up me. I tried to kick my way out from under it, but it didn't seem fazed. See, when you're dead you don't really feel pain, which is a huge advantage for you. Not really for the one you're fighting, who in this case was me. "Get the hell off me," I hissed as I managed to flip over so I was on top of the zombie. "For gods sake hand me my fucking knife!" I snapped at the boy who was just watching me wide eyed. He scrambled to hand me the knife then went back to his stupid gaze. I did what was routine now, sinking my knife into the flesh on the zombies throat. I got up off of the empty body, kicking its leg off of mine.