Chapter 35

*Elsas POV*

Life is ever changing.

Nothing ever goes the way you expect it to. And nothing ever goes as planned.

When I agreed to come in to NCIS to find the spy, I agreed to one thing. My mission: blend in, find the mole, leave NCIS.

No strings attached.

Or that was what I thought.

The night of the military honors party changed those plans with just one glance. The hairs on the back of my neck raised. Like someone was looking at me. I turned my head to see if there was someone there. Or if I was imagining things.

But then I stared back into the beautiful blue eyes of a stranger. Who seemed awe-struck at the sight of me. It seemed like he wore a mask, but then it dropped when I saw him. As he made his way towards me, my legs moved by themselves and moved to meet him.

Then his voice. Soft yet rugged. I was breathless. I couldn't speak. His eyes demanded attention and I couldn't stop staring. The way he looked at me was intoxicating. I wanted to see him again. Against every rational bone in my body that told me to forget about him.

As the weeks moved on, he was determined to break down my walls. Sometimes I caught him staring at me as I worked. Looking at me like a puzzle that he needed to solve. The morning after he let me stay at his place, and I saw him without his shirt, I knew then that I felt something for him.

It was scary. I didn't want to fall for him. I am the queen. I prepared myself not to become too attached to anyone. Jack wouldn't let me go. Before our first kiss, it seemed as though he was fighting something.

He was at war with himself it seemed. I overheard him confessing that he loved me, then I knew what he was fighting. At this point he knew that I was leaving NCIS and we probably weren't going to see each other again.

He was fighting that truth. Jack finally made a decision that day. That he didn't care and kissed me. Of course he never told me this. But I read him like a book.

I waited too long to tell him that I loved him back. Pitch could have killed me and Jack never would have known. But I survived.

Thanks to Jack.

Most days I wonder what would have happened if I ignored the feeling of being stared at that night. If I had never turned my head.

"Things definitely wouldn't be the same." I whisper to myself fixing my hair.

"Wouldn't be the same about what?" A voice asks. I jump and turn around getting out of my seat. "Were you thinking out loud again?" He asks, his familiar smirk showing.

"Jack you're not supposed to see me yet."

"You know that I don't believe in any of that." He looks at me up and down. Examining my dress. "You look beautiful."

I blush and look down at my hands. "Thank you...Now get out of here before Anna finds out that you saw me." I say pushing him out of the room.

"You know that I hate not knowing. Say you'll marry me."

I stop and smile. "All right, meet me at the castle. Two o'clock sharp. I'll be the one in front with the vail." I shrug on the last part.

Jack grins and kisses my nose. "Until then." With that he leaves. I smile and close the door then lean against it. Everything is falling into place. After Jamie was born, the kingdom has been peaceful. Blissful even.

This is my fairy tale ending. Jack is going to become king. He's going to miss NCIS but he decided being by my side is more important. I tried convincing him otherwise, but he kissed me before I could get five words out.