Chapter 21

*Elsas POV*

My eyes snap open. I'm not in the hospital. I could've sworn that I was. I look down at my clothes. Since when did I put on my old dress??

It's the same one I wore when mom and dad left for the boat. "Elsa."

"Mom? Dad?" I run into my dad's arms. Both of them put their arms around me. "How are you here?" I ask dad. He smiles.

"We came to say goodbye. You're about to wake up. Look." He nods his head over my shoulder. I turn around and see my own body laying in the hospital bed.

Jack is slumped over his chair asleep. It must be late. The last thing I remember is him saying that he's going to leave soon. "How is this possible? I mean, I'm standing yet, there I am on the bed."

Mom answers. "You're having an out of body experience. Usually that happens when someone first slips into a coma. But you've been stubborn. Just like your dad."

I laugh a small laugh, then focus back in. "So, why is it happening now?"

"Because, your mind and body are ready to wake up. But, you seem torn somehow. We came to help."

"Your sister needs you," dad continues for mom. "the kingdom needs you. And, he does as well." Dad gestures to Jack sleeping.

I shake my head. "He doesn't need me."

"Have you not been listening to him Elsa? This boy has been blaming himself for has happened."

"But it's not his fault. I've been trying for days to tell him that! And yesterday, it broke my heart to hear him in so much pain and not being able to do anything."

"That's why he needs you. You've become something for him. He needs you now."

"What about Anna? She sure doesn't want me around anymore." I sit down remembering what she said the last time she came. It's like, Anna thinks that I'll be in this coma forever.

How could my own sister think that? "We know what she said sweetheart. Anna is just upset about what happened. She's scared and is afraid of having false hope."

Mom opens up her arms. "Come here." I take the invitation and return the embrace. "Stay strong. Okay?" I nod my head. Unable to speak for the threat of tears.

She kisses my head. "We love you. Live. Lead this kingdom."

"But what if I can't be as great as you were. W-what if the reason this happened is because I really am-"

"Shhh," mom soothes. "shh. Honey none of this is your fault either. The only reason this happened is because, the people who did this to you, thought they were entitled to things they weren't."

She wipes away my tears. Dad places his hands on my shoulders. "You are the best daughter, queen, a father could ask for. Don't ever doubt yourself again. Okay?"

I nod yes. He kisses my head as well. "I love you. Now wake up." I tilt my head confused.

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

"Wake up!" I gasp and look around. The only noise is the heart monitor beeping. Jack is still asleep. I'm back in my hospital bed.

I don't dare to move my head. For right now I don't anyone to know that I'm awake yet. Was that even real? Or was it a dream? Did I really see my parents in an out of body experience?

I shake my head. It's best to leave it alone. As long as it felt real, it should be good enough for me. Jack stirs and rubs his eyes. I sit up just a little.