Chapter 7

*Elsas POV*

I wake up in a warm atmosphere. Did the maids turn up the heat last night? But then I remember, Jack. Here. His place.

...and I'm in his bed. No wonder it's so warm. I wrap myself in the covers. It feels like getting an embrace from Jack himself.

Last night I sent Anna text saying that Jack brought me to his apartment. I said that I was way too tired to drive home.

And there was no way I was going to let him take me home. Especially since my home was the castle! There would've been no logical reason to explain why I was at there.

One in the morning at that. It would've raised a lot of questions. Too many to answer on low energy.

There's a clock on the bedside table. It's only 7:30 in the morning. We don't have to be at work till nine.

I smile and close my eyes. Pulling the blanket closer to me. The sound of feet comes near the door. It must be Jack coming to get some clean clothes.

I keep my eyes closed as he goes through the draws. Although I can't help myself and peek a little.

So that if he turned around it would still look like I'm sleeping. Oh, good Lord. Jack looks...amazing.

Even though he's turned around, I can see his back muscles. It's not body builder, it's average. Like he stays in shape for his health.

But oh my goodness, he looks amazing. I can tell that his jeans are riding low, if he turned around. I can guarantee myself that I would see a v-line.

Right then, he turns around looking at his shirt. My breath catches when I see him. I think my heart even started to race.

And, I was right. He has a v-line, and a four pack, and pecks and....oh good Lord I need an air bag. He needs to leave soon before I start hyperventilating.

Jack looks up at me, I keep my eyes right where they are, not giving myself away. He smiles and walks over to me.

I can see his body lean over mine, I take my chance and close my eyes. Then, the cold soft feel of his lips touches my forehead.

I have to suppress a smile, even though I desperately want to bring him to me. Just to kiss me. What am I thinking?

Jack leaves the room, shutting the door. To seem as though I just woke up, I stay in the room for another twenty minutes.

When I open the door, Jack is fully dressed and making breakfast. He turns around, hearing me open the door.

Jack smiles. "Morning snowflake. Someone slept in late."

"Well..." I sit at the breakfast bar. "I had a late night."

"I would offer some clean clothes. But unfortunately, I only have men's clothes that are twice your size."

I smile slightly, although I wouldn't mind wearing one of his jackets. It must smell like him.

"Breakfast is served my dear." He slides me an egg omelette.

"Such a gentleman." I said taking the plate. The first bite I take is heaven. "Mmm.."

Jack chuckles. "Good?"

"It's amazing! Where'd you learn to cook like this?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "I taught myself."

"You must be one good teacher." I mumble to myself.

"What?"

"What?" Jack just shakes his head and continues to eat. "So, you work in law?"

"That's basically the gist of it."