Chapter 5

*Elsas POV*

As soon as I left the room, I took off running.

Going into the nearest empty room. I shut the door and lean against it. I try taking a few deep breaths.

But I fail, the tears take over. Slowly I slide down the door to the ground. Crying my eyes out.

She's right. I failed as a queen. My one job, is to protect my people. And I can't even do that. "Elsa?" A voice calls out.

I lift my head up and listen for it again. The sound of feet walking comes closer and closer to the door.

I scramble away from it. The doorknob turns. "I knew I heard something.." Jack closes the door. But doesn't turn on the lights.

He comes over and sits next to me. "Come here." He opens up his arms. I'm hesitant, but give in.

Wrapping my arms around him. He puts his arms around me, holding me tight as I sob into his shoulder.

"It's a hard job...it gets easier though. That's what we do. Keep people of this country safe."

"No, it's mine." I say quietly. Hoping that he didn't hear me. I said it without meaning to.

"What'd you say?"

"It's my job. I'm supposed to keep people safe."

"Elsa, it's all of our jobs. We're a team. We'll take these guys down together. Alright?" He asks taking my face in his hands.

I nod my head and look down. It is my job. But I can't do everything alone. At least he didn't ask if I was the queen.

I would hate to out right lie to him. He deserves better than that. "Hey. No more tears okay?" He wipes them away with his thumbs.

I put my hands over his. Wanting to take a hold of him. To make sure he's actually here, not some daydream I'm having.

"Elsa look at me." I look up at him. Right in his baby blue eyes. Even in the dark I can still see them.

"This isn't your fault. None of this is okay?" His gaze drops to my lips. "You're amazing. Just the way you are." He whispers.

Slowly we inch towards each other. My heart pounding through my chest. My eyes go to his lips as we're both just a couple inches apart.

What's wrong with me? I've never wanted to kiss any man as bad as I do right now.

Our foreheads touch. Jack turns his head to the right. My eyes close, ready for what's to come. "Jack? Where'd you go?" We both spring apart.

I feel my cheeks heat as I stand up. Putting my ear against the door, I listen for him to walk past.

It was a male voice. Probably Chad. The hallway is silent, not even a shadow in front of the door.

"Come on."

"But don't you-"

"Nothing happened Jack. It's fine." He doesn't look convinced. Jack gets up anyway.

I lift my head up, then open the door. Like I thought, there's no one in the hall. Chad must have left the hall.

"Elsa. I'm sorry if I was being too forward. I-I, didn't know.."

"Jack. Stop worrying, it's fine. A-and don't ask me how I feel because I don't know. I've never had anyone, w-want to, want to-"

"Want to what? Take an interest in you? Find you incredible? Want to kiss you? Elsa..if you let me. I'll be that. Even though I feel as though I already am."