Chapter 2

*Jacks POV*

I should have kissed her.

It was the perfect opportunity too. I stayed up all night thinking about her.

Elsa is the most amazing person I have ever met. She was funny, quick witted, smart, her eyes sparkled like the sea.

The elevator opens. Tearing me away from my thoughts.

Chad, Kristoff, Steven and Mavis are all gathered around the screen between my desk and Chads.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We have a new person coming."

"Who is it Mavis?"

"We don't know." Kristoff says.

"Well then why are we all here?"

"Because we have some information. Hit it Eastmund." Mavis says eagerly. Chad presses a button.

Documents pull up. "Highly skilled in politics, self defense, math and computers." She lists off.

"What we also know is that, this new agent is a woman."

"How do you know Steven?"

"This right here." Kristoff takes the remote. "It also says that, she, knows three languages. French, Spanish and Russian."

"Russian? Dang. I wanna know who this is." Someone slaps me on the back of my head.

"You're about to find out Overland." North says, he stops and looks at all of us. "What are you all doing?"

"Sorry North but, we were curious." Mavis steps forward a couple steps. "Well no more of that, you're about to meet her."

He points behind me, I turn around. "No way." I whisper. She stops for a second when she sees me.

That one second, is all that I need to know. We hardly know each other at all.

Now we both know why we wouldn't tell certain things. "Everyone meet, Elsa Arens." She gives all of us a nervous smile.

I extend my hand, giving the allusion that we haven't met till now. "Jackson Overland."

"Mavis Drac." Everyone gives their names and shakes her hand. I keep my eyes on her.

Elsa Arens, beautiful name. "Welcome to the team. I know you'll fit right in." Kristoff pats her shoulder.

"Well, we're about to find out." We all look at North.

"Got a body. North side beach. Grab your gear. Arens you need a ride?" I turn on my heels and follow him.

"She can ride with me boss...Get ready for your first rodeo Elsa." I wink at her.

"Please. I'm ready for anything."

On our way there. Elsa and I are by ourselves, I decided to strike up a conversation.

"Is this the reason why you didn't tell me your last name? Because you were going to work at the same place with me."

"No. I didn't even know who you were."

"Then why."

"I can't tell you."

"But why?"

"I can't! Alright, I can't. Honestly, I had no idea who you were or where you worked. I always kn-" She stops and looks out the window.

"You always know what?" She doesn't say anything.

"You can tell me."

"That's what they all say." She whispers.