Chapter 14

*Elsas POV*

"I need to see the Prince of the Southern Isles."

"Elsa you don't have the authority to do that. And which one? There's thirteen of them."

"Trust me Jack. I'll find a way." But there's no need for that. I'm the queen, if I need to see a royal from another country, I can do that.

"Wait. You can't seriously think that it was one of them. We couldn't even see his face."

I don't need to see his face to know that it's him. "Jack, I need to do this. I'm having Prince Hans come here tomorrow. Or I'm going to him. Either way, the queen will be supervising it so it'll be okay."

Jack sighs and drops his shoulders. "I still don't like this."

"Didn't think you would." There's silence for a few moments. "There's something else...I looked at the pictures of all the passengers on board that day. And I noticed something weird."

I keep my eyes on the computer screen, to not give myself away with my eyes. Jack pauses a moment before continuing. "None of those people look like you, or your sister."

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"Where were your parents that day? That's what I'm saying."

"They were on the boat. Like I said. They sent me pictures showing that they were safe and everything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure." I sap at him. "Do you think I'm lying?" His jaws tightens, like I had just struck a nerve. "No, I'm just trying to get the facts."

"You have them!"

"Do I?!....Do I really have them?" His arms fall to his sides. He can't know, he can never know. "I can never know what?"

Of course I said it out loud. "Exactly." I say, then I turn around. My back to him. This is the last time that I can see him. I'm dangerously close to telling Jack and in the process, I've put everyone in danger.

I pause with my hand on the doorknob. "I'm leaving NCIS. For good....goodbye Jack." Then I run out of the room. Before I do something stupid like cry.

I make it all the way to my door before a hand grabs my elbow and spins me around. Jack holds me against him. "You're not getting away that easily." He whispers into my hair.

Jack opens the door to my room and takes me inside. He closes the door behind me. His arms pull me tight against him again. "Talk to me...please. Why are you leaving?"

"Because, I've put your life in danger. Because of my own selfish desires."

"You didn't-"

"Yes I did!" I pull myself away from him and walk to my window. Overlooking the entire space outside. I used to find it beautiful, now I'm just using it to avoid Jack.

"What did you think was so selfish?"

"Wanting the stupid case solved. So I wouldn't have to lie anymore, not hide when I leave my home, so I could finally..." Go public, I take a deep breath before continuing. "But now, I've put everyone's lives in danger."

I can see Jacks reflection take a couple steps closer. "Elsa that's not selfish, you want to know what happened. And you're tired of all the uncertainty."

"Either way you need to leave...please. I can-" my voice cracks. "I can never see you again." My head drops as tears roll down my cheeks. I should have never gotten so close to him, this wouldn't be so hard then.