For Me And You

A few weeks passed, everything going as normal. Whatever that entailed. Komaeda and I went out on dates together, and it was relatively pleasant and stress free. It was early May, and I was on the brink of graduating high school. I didn't know what I would do once it was over, but I tried to enjoy the last fleeting moments of my life as a child before I had to experience the real world.

One afternoon after school, Komaeda showed up army door, offering to buy me coffee at the café we first went to. I accepted, putting on a light jacket before running out of the house without hesitation.

Hand in hand, Komaeda and I walked down the sidewalk together. The way the light hit his face made my stomach tie itself in knots. He almost appeared to be glowing.

"I can't believe I'm almost an adult..." I murmured, trying to initiate a conversation.

"Yeah, same here. Only a few more weeks of school, huh," he chuckled softly as his words trailed off.

"What are you planning to do once we're out?" I asked him coyly, not remembering ever having this conversation.

"Well, I'm not sure yet. I know for a fact that I'll go to college, but I'm not even sure what I wanna study. And you?"

"I want to be a writer," I explained, piquing his interest. "I want to write stories and novels. I know it's kinda cheesy, and it's obviously not going to make me a lot of money, but I really don't mind."

"You'd be an amazing writer," he giggled as he swooped in to give me a brief kiss on the cheek. "You'd be amazing at anything, though. Unlike worthless trash like-"

"Oh, for the love of god, save it," I snapped, causing the pale boy's eyes to widen. "You're anything but that."

"Ahaha, you think so?" He asked naively.

"Duh. I've been telling you that you aren't since the first day we've met. Also, I wouldn't date someone who I thought was bad, now would I?"

"Y...you have a point," he snickered, sounding a bit hurt by the abrasiveness in my voice. I swooped up and gave him a quick peck on the lips as an apology.

The café was completely empty when we arrived, save for the staff. I held his hand as we enjoyed our coffee, talking about who knows what. Everything was going perfectly well, and I was really enjoying myself.

Suddenly, out of the blue, a tall figure stormed in to the coffee shop. At first, I thought this person was female, judging by their slick black hair which went all the way down to their knees. But I then realized it was a boy, who looked to be about our age. He had piercing ruby eyes and was wearing a suit, so he stood out indefinitely.

Suddenly, the boy approached us; me, in particular. I glanced around and noticed the staff was nowhere to be seen, presumably in the back cleaning up.

"Uh... Can I help you?" I asked nervously, feeling Komaeda's grip tighten to the point I thought my circulation might cut off.

"You don't have any power anymore," Komaeda said in an abrupt voice, which sent chills up my spine. "Get lost."

"How dare you speak to me that way," the boy snapped at him, though Komaeda's angry expression remained stagnant. "You used to worship me like crazy!! You worthless piece of trash, I don't even understand how the fuck you're still alive!!"

"Shut the fuck up," I hissed, my voice echoing throughout the eerily empty coffee shop. "I don't even know who you are, but I'm not gonna sit around and let you talk to my boyfriend like that."

"Wow, are you serious?" The boy sneered, an empty smirk spreading across his face. "You're her boyfriend? Now how the fuck did you manage that!?"

"Go away," I hissed, rising up from my chair. "Seriously. I'll call the police on you."

"Shouldn't you be the one defending her?" He asked, obviously addressing the flustered Komaeda. "This is so pathetic. Really. I don't even know how the fuck you managed to wake up from your coma. And to be perfectly honest, I wish you never did!!"

Suddenly, I couldn't control myself anymore. I wanted to break down sobbing, unsure of what to do. Just who was this guy anyways? In the blink of an eye, I heard a loud smacking noise. The boy was laying on the tile, Komaeda holding an open palm out. The boy wobbled up to his feet, giving us one final glare before storming out.