All day long

The next few days flew past like a blur, my life reverting back to the colorless mess I was used to. Komaeda hadn't texted me, which was probably a good thing. Finals were in a few short days, and I felt motivated to really pull through.
Tonight, however, my mother told me she was stepping out for a few hours. I didn't really think anything of it. I sat at my desk, trying to cram in as much information as I can, when I hear my phone go off.
"Who could it be?" I murmured to myself, unlocking the phone.
Think you can take a quick break?
No one other than Komaeda had texted me. Feeling giddy, I quickly pound out a reply.
I really need to study...
Ding.
I'll be an hour tops. That ok?
What?
I guess so?
A couple minutes afterward, I heard the sound of our doorbell echoing throughout the empty hallways. Weariness filling my chest, I slowly made my to the front door. Suddenly, my mind felt completely blank, completely new. Komaeda was standing at the door, two coffees in both of his hands and a bouquet of white roses tucked under his arm.
"Well, if it isn't (y/n)-san! Mind if I come in?" He chuckled, a sincere smile covering his face. Unable to choke out a word, I threw myself to one side of the door. He set the coffee and roses down onto the floor and proceeded to fumble his coat and scarf off. I quickly took them from his grasp, throwing them on the coat rack right by the door. When I turned back around, he was holding his things again.
"K... Ko... Komaeda-san, I-i don't understa- understand," I sputtered, watching him silently extend the bouquet out to me.
"I know you've probably been studying really hard, so I brought things for you!" He sweetly responded as I managed to grasp onto the flowers.
"Y-you di- you didn't have to g-go this far," I gagged, smelling the roses in one sharp breath. They smelled sharp, reminding me of the cold air outside.
"What do you mean?" He giggled, patting me on the head. "This is barely anything. I just wanted you to take a break. And honestly, I was feeling quite lonely. You were too, right?"
"T-thank you, really," I lurched, trying to prevent my eyes from welling up with tears.
"Oh, gosh! (Y/n)-San, there's no need to thank me! We're friends, after all," he replied. Before I can reply, I quickly turn towards the kitchen, filling up a vase that we hadn't used in who knows how long with water. Moving quickly, I remove the roses from their packaging and arrange them in the vase. I then dash back to where he was standing, pulling him into an abrupt hug. I felt him gasp slightly before hugging back.
"You didn't need to-"
"Enough, (y/n)-san. Just your reaction was enough." He pulled away from me and handed me the drink cup.
"It's the coffee you like. Drink it before it gets cold!" He laughed. I choked out some laughter too, quickly dragging him to the couch nearby. My face grew hot with the sudden silence that had fallen between us.
"Wait, how did you know where I lived?" I asked him innocently.
"That doesn't matter, (y/n)-san. I just wanted to surprise you during these dreary days, and offer to take you out, on a proper date, after this whole finals thing blows over. Would you want to go on one?"
a date?
Before I could think twice, my heart responded.
"I'd love to."