You'll Have

"Is it really ok to go like this? I haven't even packed my things!" I stuttered, hopping out of the car and watching my feet make contact with the fresh snow.

"It's fine, I had one of my workers pack your things for you," he responded as he opens the trunk and pulls out a 2 large black suitcases, handing one to me.

"My mom..." I protested, staring down at my feet. Komaeda notices my distress and cups my chin, pulling my head up gently so I was staring right into his steel colored eyes.

"I know she'd want you to stop worrying about her, (y/n)-Chan. So please," he breathed softly, causing me to nod in return almost automatically.

We walked towards the building off in the distance in complete silence, leaving tracks in the snow in perfect unison. Once we made it into the large, spacious building, we were immediately escorted back outside to board the plane by a short woman. Komaeda secured our suitcases in the overhead compartment and we sat next to eachother on the empty plane in silence.

"I've never been on an airplane before," I murmured softly. Komaeda grips my thigh, causing me to whimper in shock.

"It'll be fine, (y/n)-chan," he whispered softly. My face grew hot and I quickly turned away, noticing the plane slowly lifting from the ground through the small window. In one swift movement, he puts the cover over the window, causing me to jump up in shock.

"Don't worry, darling. Try to fall asleep," he cooed. Almost against my will, I leaned on to his shoulder, slowly drifting away from the world.

When I woke up, I was laying on a large, fluffy bed in a room with an abnormally high ceiling. After climbing off of the bed, I wandered around the room for a little bit, eventually winding up in a room with tall glass windows overlooking a landscape of grey buildings.

"Welcome to New York!" A voice cheered, causing me to quickly turn towards the source of the voice. Komaeda stood behind me, clutching two cups of coffee and smiling brightly.

"Where are we?" I asked, feeling sick to my stomach as I saw the passerby wandering below me.

"We're in the penthouse of the Four Seasons hotel, mon amiê," he responded as he extended a cup out to me.

"This is amazing," I breathed as I slowly inched away from the window.

"I'm glad you like it," he smiled sweetly. "Now, for our actual date."

"What are we going to do?" I asked him as a small smirk forms on his face.

"You'll see, (y/n)-chan," he giggled into his coffee cup. After sitting in silence and admiring the grey New York sky for a few minutes, Komaeda stands up and pulls me by the wrist to the elevator at the edge of the room. After descending for what felt like hours, we arrived to the ground floor of the hotel, which was lavishly decorated with chandeliers and marble flooring. Once we reached the giant revolving doors separating the hotel from the outside world, he let go of me and gestured for me to go before him. Reluctantly, I pushed on the door, and once I took a single step onto the concrete. My entire body froze as I looked around the city in awe.

"Now, for my surprise," Komaeda whispered mischievously. Putting his hand in mine, Komaeda gently tugged me and led me down the long sidewalk.  After walking for what felt like hours, he made a sharp turn and led me into some sort of park. In the center of the park stood a tall, concrete fountain, quadrupling my height. Komaeda pulls something out of his pocket and places it into my hand.

"Make a wish," he whispers in my ear. A penny. I hold the penny by the tips of my fingers, ready to throw it in any second. I wish for my mother to get better. Plunk.

"That's not all, (y/n)-chan. I've reserved us seats at the best restaurant in the whole country. Care to join me?" I nod in excitement.

"Obviously, we can't go as we are now," he chuckled softly.

"Huh?" I stuttered.

"I got you a dress that I think you'll really like," he grinned, leading me back to the penthouse. Once we arrived back, a single champagne colored ball gown sat in the center of the room. I couldn't speak. My throat was choked up, words muddled. The fabric caught the light and glistened in a way you wouldn't even see in the movies.

"It's beautiful," I gasped. "Thank you so much..."

"(Y/n)-chan, there is no need to thank me! Just your presence is enough for me. Once you've changed, we'll go," he commanded, pulling me into a passionate kiss before allowing me to change in the other room.

Next thing I knew, we sat across from each other at a large table in the center of a dimly lit room. After enjoy a few courses of our meal, a man in his mid forties with (e/c) eyes ran into the room.

"Sorry I'm late, Komaeda-san," the man breathed, pulling one of the chairs over to the table.

"(Y/n)-chan, I would like you to meet (l/n)-sama. You might not remember him, but he surely remembers you," Komaeda stated.

"What?!" I exclaimed, my mind growing distraught.

"...dad?"