You'll have

I smiled down at the paper in my hands, running as fast as I possibly could. Exams were finally over, and I somehow was able to pass with flying colors.
"Mom, mom!" I shouted, kicking off my boots and flinging my coat onto a rack. My mom often worked late, but today she took a sick day.
"What is it, (y/n)?" She called from the couch.
"I got all As on my exams!" I screamed, causing her tired and irritated face to light up with joy.
"Are you serious?" She wheezed, eyes gleaming.
"Look!" I replied, throwing the paper at her.
"(Y/n)... I'm so proud..." She whimpered, tears welling up in her eyes.
"Mom... Are you feeling well?" I asked, quickly putting my hand up to her forehead. It was boiling hot, unbelievably so.
"(y/n)... I think this is worse than a cold. Can you take me to the hospital.... Please?" She whispered, her voice growing quieter with every word. Not letting the shock hit me, I nodded and lead my mother out to the car. I quickly put the car in reverse and drove off as quickly as I could, eventually arriving at the hospital. A ton of "What ifs" tried to make their way into my mind, but I pushed them back as far as I could. Stumbling out of the car, I pulled my mother onto my shoulders and ran to the hospital entrance. My mother had closed her eyes, her breathing growing fainter and fainter.
"Someone help!" I shrieked, the eerie silence of the hospital disturbed. A group of nurses ran over to me, one running over to grab a gurney.
"Miss, what's wrong?" A nurse calmly asked, holding both of my hands as they carted my mother away.
"She's been sick for a few days... And she told me to take her here..." I gasped, the nurse staring calmly at me with warm brown eyes.
"You don't need to worry, miss," he responded, sitting me down into a chair. "Once she has been admitted, you can see her."
"Yes..." I breathed, watching him hesitantly walk away. Before the thoughts could sneak up on me, my phone went off. I quickly pulled it out of my pocket, shocked to see a message from a familiar number.
>Good afternoon, (y/n)-chan. Hope you did well on your exams! Now, about that date...
>>about that. I'm gonna have to postpone.
>why????
>> my mom is in the hospital.
> are you serious??? I'm on my way!
Putting my phone back in my pocket, I crossed my arms and blankly stared at a spot on the ground. Was she really going to be alright? What would happen to me if she wasn't? I never really met my dad, and I didn't know any close relatives. But I pushed all of those negative thoughts aside, focusing on the task at hand. I sat blankly, just thinking. I felt defenseless, like I failed and could've prevented my mother from falling ill. After what seemed to be a whole day, a familiar face I knew all too well entered the sliding doors to the hospital.
"Ko-komaeda-San..." I murmured, looking up at his solemn face. He threw his coat into the chair next to me, pulling me into a tight hug. Tears welled up in my eyes as he stroked the back of me head, letting the empty waiting room see me sob into his chest.
"T-thank you..." I stuttered, feeling his heart beat slowly.
"It's alright, (y/n)-chan... There's no need to worry..." He whispered, pulling away and staring directly into my eyes. "I'm here for you. Your mom will be ok."
"I hope so, I just.."
"I know she'll be ok.  Your luck proves to me that she will. So there's no need to be sad, right?" He responded as I blinked tears out of my eyes.
"You're right," I stammered as the nurse from before walked over to us.
"Miss (l/n), I'm afraid that we have yet to diagnose your mother. I can assure you that she is in good hands. She will be admitted later today, and visiting will be allowed in a few days," he stated, his voice devoid of emotion.
"I understand. For how long will she be here?"
"It is currently unclear to any of us. Please go home and get some rest, then visit us soon." I really wanted to stay, to be there for her, but I was way too exhausted. I turned to komaeda, whose cold grey eyes stared off into the distance.
"(Y/n)-chan, considering your mom might be in for a while, would it feel safer to stay at my place?" He asked. My face immediately turned rosy, which caused him to let out a little giggle.
"Nothing like that, silly! I have an extra room for you to stay in."
"Sure... I'd feel safer anyways," I responded. We exited the hospital and Komaeda took the wheel of my car, driving quite a distance away from the hospital. While I tried to act enthusiastic, terrible scenarios kept playing in my head.
"Komaeda... I'm sorry."
(Kinda a boring ending but more things to come very soon :P )