The Christmas Special!

((While this story technically takes place in January/February, I thought it'd be nice to write a lil Christmas thing that doesn't necessarily take place after the last chappie :)
Also, happy holidays to everyone! And if you don't celebrate a holiday  around now, happy almost new year!))

"Just a minute!" I shrieked in response to the doorbell ringing. I hurriedly set out two cups of cocoa onto the coffee table before throwing the door open.

"Hi (y/n)!" Komaeda exclaimed, a small silver box tucked under his arm. I quickly hugged him and peppered his face with a few smooches before letting him go through the door. I took his coat and boots for him as he sat down onto the couch, eyeing the red box left on the coffee table for him.

"Please help yourself to the cocoa I made," I offered, watching him nod and slowly lift the mug up to his lips. I sat down next to him, wincing a little as he places his hand on my thigh. My face grew as red as the ornaments on the tree as he giggled warmly. I sipped on my cup of cocoa, and after a few moments of conversation and talk about the holidays I took the box addressed to him and placed it on his lap.

"What's this?" He whispered huskily, tearing at the striped red paper. He opened the box, silver eyes gleaming as he held up its contents.

"...really?" He giggled,  a confused expression spread across his face. Inside was a hideous green sweater, with giant obnoxious designs of reindeer and Santa Claus on it. After a few moments of trying to process what had happened, he erupted into hearty laughter. I started to chuckle as well, laughing so hard I fell onto the floor.  Despite pain piercing through my back, I continued t laugh hysterically, him laughing even harder at the fact I had fallen. Komaeda dove off of the couch, straddling me and attacking me with kisses. Usually I would have been flustered, but the expression he had made opening the sweater was too funny to me.

"I love it! It's the best present I've ever received!" He exclaimed in between kisses, my face growing beet red from laughter. After a little while, he returned to his gift, noticing it was not the only thing in the box.

"Did you really think I would only get you that sweater?" I snickered, my sides aching from laughter. He held up a grey and white scarf, stroking it and admiring its silky fabric.

"Wow, thank you (y/n)," he gasped, closing back up the box and kissing me gently on the forehead

"And now, for your present," he smiled, placing the little silver box in my hands. I tore the wrapping paper off  slowly, revealing a small black jewelry box. I gently lifted the lid off, unveiling a thin silver pendant with a coin-like medallion attached to it.

"Wow," I breathed, as Komaeda took the box from my hands and proceeded to put the necklace on me. "This is amazing. Thank you so much."

"No need to thank me," he chortled, fumbling with the clasp of the shiny necklace. Once he pulled his hands away, I turned to face him, combing his fluffy white hair out of his face. I suddenly stood up, switching on (insert favorite christmas movie here).

"Merry Christmas, (y/n)," he beamed as I walked over to grab a few snacks and a blanket.

"Merry Christmas to you too," I whispered, laying down on his chest and covering both of us up with the blanket. "Don't get me wrong, celebrating is nice. But nothing really beats snuggling with you."

"Agreed," he giggled, running his fingers through my (h/l) hair. We stayed like that, and I listened to his heartbeat until we both fell asleep.