Red Roses, Too

You may think I was being over attached or clingy. But Komaeda almost always responded to me within a few minutes, so I definitely knew that something strange was happening.

As it was only 9 am, I ran as quickly and as quietly as I could to avoid waking my mother, who generally slept in on weekends. I quickly threw on my scarf and coat and ran out the door, noticing the last bits of snow on the ground and the cool yet sharp air indicating so.

Unsure of what to do or where to go, I got into my car and drove around the neighborhood, desperately hoping to catch even a small glimpse of him. Even if he hated me for some reason, I just wanted to assure his safety. I drove to his house and left a few knocks on the door, but no one answered.

An hour passed, and I was desperate. I drove to the coffee shop where we first talked and sat down to drink a coffee in hopes that it would suddenly dawn on me where he was. I felt so hopeless and small, like an important piece of me was missing.

After a long period of just sitting and thinking, I went back to my car to drive around again. I checked the park where we met, and drove up and down streets, completely confused.

Finally, I decided what I needed to do. I drove back to his mansion, picking up the key under the doormat and unlocking the door. I flung it open and was immediately greeted by the barren white halls I had known and definitely not loved. I walked down the halls, opening and closing every door to every empty room in hopes of finding anything that could indicate where he was.

Once I finally stumbled upon his bedroom, I noticed a red sheet of paper sitting on his desk. It greatly contrasted against its white surroundings, making it very clear. Sure enough, I saw some words scrawled out in some sloppy yet familiar handwriting.

I'm sorry, but you aren't done yet. I'm not here, and you honestly shouldn't even bother searching for useless trash like me. You should have predicted this. If you so desperately crave the truth, you might want to head to the warehouse on the outskirts of town.

Crumpling up the note and throwing it into the garbage can, I quickly sprinted throughout the halls of his house and back to my car, driving as quickly as I could to the abandoned warehouse. Oh fuck no. I refused to believe anything was actually happening.

Once I arrive to the barren, cracked parking lot of the old seafood warehouse, I quickly parked and dashed out of my car. I plowed through the unguarded threshold to the building, and I suddenly fell to the ground. Standing above me, with wide eyes and a twisted smirk, was no one other than-

"Komaeda-kun!" I exclaimed, scrambling to get back up to my feet. Before I could make it, I was knocked to the ground yet again.

"Gosh, stubborn as always, aren't we?" He laughed, clutching the side of his face with his hand.

"Oh my god. What the fuck. Are you alright?" I choked as I crawled away and finally got back onto my feet. His silver eyes seemed dull and blank, and his right wrist was covered with blood.

"Oh, (y/n)-chan. You don't really understand, do you? I met her again, and I remembered just how amazing despair felt," he mumbled hysterically.

"What?! Have you been cheating?!" I exclaimed, keeping my distance from him.

"No, not in the slightest. I just realized how amazing despair is. After all, my entire existence, as trash, is full of it," he explained as he reached his hand into his pocket. Looking closer, the hand with the bloody wrist had red fingernails.

"Is that someone else's fucking hand?" I shouted. "And you aren't trash, holy crap. Please cut it out." He pulled a hand gun out of his pocket and slowly brought it up to his head, chuckling softly to himself.

Before I could even think, I ran over to him in an attempt to slap it out of his hand. I tried to slap his arm as he pulled the trigger, and I was thankfully able to protect him from shooting himself. The gun was pointed perfectly for a bullet to travel straight through my skull.

Thankfully, there were no bullets inside.

((Wow shitty chapter ending Annabella

Also please leave ideas for other books I should write in the comments!!!))