Blue

((I don't really know what to title the parts from now on, lol))

"You  ha- you have t-to be  kid- to be k-kidding me," I breathed, my face growing hotter and hotter. The nurse solemnly nodded, bearing an emotionless expression. I felt the familiar sting of tears traveling down my face, staining my cheeks and clothing.

"C-can I see h-her?" I whispered weakly, to which the nurse rises from her desk and enters the office behind her, engaging in a conversation with another female nurse.

After a few minutes of unceasing conversation, I concluded that the nurse wasn't going to come back. About to slump to the group in defeat, a tall man with messy black hair wearing scrubs approaches me.

"You're (y/n) (l/n), daughter of (mothers name) (l/n), correct?" He asked bluntly, to which I nod.

"You have our sincerest apologies about her passing. We tried everything we could to save her, but sadly it was no use."

"H-how long has she been dead for?" I cried desperately.

"Only a short while. We haven't even moved her from her hospital bed. Would you like to go see her?" I nod. The man abruptly grabs my arm and drags me to the nearby elevator. Are nurses trained to abruptly grab people? I thought to myself. The only reason I could even think such a thought was due to the state of denial that I was in, refusing to believe that my mother, the woman who raised me for my entire life, had died. The man furiously presses the elevator buttons, and I eventually end up being dragged down a long hallway. Suddenly, he makes a sharp turn to a room that only housed my mother. She lay perfectly still on the hospital bed, a tiny and faint smile painted on her face. The heart monitor that was attached to her flatlined.

"I have other duties to take care of," the man murmured before leaving the room.

"Mom..." I weeped, kneeling at the side of her bed.  "Please, please, please wake up..."

Suddenly, the absolutely unthinkable happened.

Beep.         Beep.             Beep. 

My eyes are immediately drawn to the heart monitor, which detected an ever so faint heartbeat from my mom.

"NO WAY!" I shrieked, calling the attention of many of the other nurses in the wing. Suddenly, a dozen or so nurses came to my sudden outcry, all of which concerned for my wellbeing.

"MY MOM WAS FLATLINING AND HER HEART IS BEATING"

The nurses all rush over to my mother, attempting to bring her heart rate up even higher. I stood in the corner of the room, a nurse in pastel pink scrubs rubbing my shoulder.

"Hon, are you are your mother was flatlining? I've never heard of someone magically regaining a pulse after flatlining for so long..."

"Yes, I'm sure of it!" I exclaimed, tears continuing to leak from my eyes.

"That's absolutely miraculous," another nurse standing off to the side commented. All of the nurses circled around my mom suddenly back away, causing me to push forward in order to try to get a look at my mother.

Her eyes suddenly fluttered open, her lungs filling and emptying themselves with air.

"This is completely unlike any situation we've ever encountered at this hospital," a nurse muttered.

"Her mother being saved was nearly impossible, I don't understand...." Another added.

"Mom...?"

"H-hello, (y/n)-chan," she smiled wearily as she spoke, strain evident in her voice.

"Oh, mom!" I shrieked, wrapping my arms around your shoulders. "We were so worried... Are you alright?"

"I'm doing well, dear. Why do you ask?"

"You were flatlining just a short while ago, but you regained a very faint heartbeat, and the nurses were able to bring you back," I explained.

"I don't believe you," she responded softly.

"No, it wasn't even lucky, mom. It was an absolute miracle."

"(Y/n)-chan!" A familiar voice shouted, causing both my mom and I to scan the room in confusion. Komaeda suddenly barged into the room, and freezed for a brief moment to fully digest the situation before him.

"Oh, (y/n)-chan, who is this?" My mom asked innocently.

"Actually-"

"I'm Nagito Komaeda, (y/n)'s boyfriend," Komaeda finished. A light blush dusted my face, but I ignored it as I was still taken aback by the alleged revival of my mom.

"Wow, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, (y/n)-chan. I'm so happy for you," she stated softly.

"We only recently started dating," I explained.

"What happened before I got here?" Komaeda asked naively.

"Long story, but let's just say it's a miracle this is happening," I synopsized.

"Huh?"

"Don't dwell on it," I commanded. My mother giggles, a warm smile spreading across her face. The smile she showed me on that day could've melted away all of the crappy snow outside.

Not luck.

A miracle.