To Be Exhausted: The Kiss With A Cut

Exhausted: that word was an understatement of how Sayuri felt as she peeled her eyes open, her cheeks stained with tears, and her breathing was in short, shallow huffs. She sat up and held her head as she tried to catch her breath the justu on her eyes dispersed long ago in the dreaded night revealing the black inked lines that scarped across her right shoulder up on her face and neck.

With one last huff she looked to her balcony seeing the doors wide open, the curtains blowing in the small breeze the sun barely out yet. Sayuri swung her legs over her bed and that's when she noticed as the small amount of light outside shadowed new bruises covering her legs, arms and abdomen. She froze, staring at them for a few minutes before she wobbled over to her private bathroom her long hair dragging behind her and turned on the light to look in the mirror. No bruises on her face or neck just everywhere else.

Sayuri gripped her hand into a fist and pursed her lips into a thin line glaring at her reflection. She quickly took a bath and picked out her own outfit for the day before her maids would get to the castle. Her dress stopped just past her ankles, the laced sleeves covered her wrist and the collar lined her neck. She brushed her hair, after she put her right arm on, she wrapped a hair tie in the long strands putting her hair in a high ponytail. Sayuri sighed not caring about the rest of her hair touching the ground.

Once she slipped on some shoes she headed out of her room heading to the kitchen to get some tea she passed a small dinning area. All the Leaf ninja being in there along with Osuma, Mamoru,Lady Riko, Kazuhiko, Haruo and Nobuo.

"Was that Queen Sayuri?" Haruo asked to no one in particular.

"Hm?" Some of the others looked out the door seeing Sayuri turn a corner into the kitchen coming out a few seconds later with a teacup laced between her fingers walking back to head to the garden.

"Good morning M'lady, it's been awhile since I've gotten to see you," Haruo states as he leans against the door frame.

"Huh?" Sayuri glances over just noticing him, "Oh, how are you Haruo? I hope your travels weren't to bad.."

"Not at all M'lady," he grinned than frowned taking in her appearance. "Isn't it a bit early for you to be up Queen Sayuri? I didn't think your maids got here at this time," he squinted his eyes at her, "Are you feeling alright, you're looking a bit pale." He mumbled while rubbing his chin.

Sayuri sighed, "I am perfectly capable of dressing myself thank you very much."

Haruo rubbed his chin, "It's supposed to be quite warm out today you'll get to hot in that outfit ya know."

Sayuri waved him off with her hand and headed toward the garden, "I'll be fine Haruo, no need to be a worry wart. If all you were going to do is critique me, then I'll take my leave." Her mind was so clouded that she didn't notice the others.

"Hmm..." Haruo turned to the others still leaning against the door frame, he inspected Kakashi. Kakashi was looking out the door where Sayuri once was, "You have an interesting daughter, Copy Cat Ninja..." Kakashi looked at Haruo just as he smirked.

Sayuri sat in the garden for a long while sipping her tea even though the cup was empty, she never noticed.

"M'lady!," a voice called.

Sayuri jumped out of her thoughts and looked around to see Mamoru, "Oh, hello Lord Mamoru, what brings you here?" she tilted her head.

"Lord Osamu and Lady Riko would like to see, you have go out with one of the prince's today.... If I may ask, my Queen.... What are you doing out here?" He bowed while gazing at her.